Joseph Parker
(06-07-2024, 10:16 AM)bart Wrote: Joyce is locked in with Chisora which could turn out an interesting fight- a gauge to what is the future for JJ
Chisora although shot could give him some trouble by catching him with overhand rights... Del can bang so will go 4 it early but expect him to run out of steam

I hope Parker gets back in the ring soon & is not planning on waiting until September or October.
Well, it's three/four months away, so I doubt it. How about he picks a meaningful opponent?
He has stated in interviews he will be out sept or oct so obviously depends on opponent availability
Out, as in IN a fight? Or out out???
(06-07-2024, 08:19 PM)bart Wrote: He has stated in interviews he will be out sept or oct so obviously depends on opponent availability

That'll be 6 to 7 months from his last fight. I guess he hasn't learned that activity matters.
He did have 3 in pretty quick succession so I will give him a pass to have 6 months to regroup
But yes he is a fighter that benefits from activity- thankfully he seems disciplined with diet and training on his breaks these days...bless Lockhart
Zhang's already been back out. Parkers team should be looking to get him out every 4 to 5 months, 6 months at the very most. They knew they weren't going to be on the most recent Saudi card so they should have organised a keep busy fight in the interim. He does look in great shape but there is alway the risk of leaving something in the gym.
I'm happy with JP fighting every 6 months, with Lockhart and a good diet as a constant companion. Previously, he had neither.
Yeah me to Die
Zhang needed a redemption fight after losing to JP and the offer to fight Wilder would have been too good to turn down especially when so winnable.
JP is right to rest and rebuild then go 2 this year
Remember the times when not fighting for 97 DAYS was worthy mentioning on TV in big, bright colors!?
[Image: GKVVn-1XsAM3QR7?format=jpg&name=small]