NZBoxChat
Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th (/showthread.php?tid=1008)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th - diehard - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 10:31 PM)bart Wrote: JJ will be hard to stop
I think JP dominates as per Calagazhe v Lacey...... thats my hope

I just worry that JP doesn't throw enough punches to win a UD. I think he needs to hurt JJ to win. He IS easy to hit. Just needs to keep hitting and moving the whole fight. I'm assuming Lee will have JP in great shape.

RE: Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th - bart - 09-20-2022

Yes I believe the game plan has to be that hit alot and mix in hurtful shots to stop the flow of JJ coming forward- just footwork to take rests rather than the ropes. Stick and move never be stationary for too long. Don't let JJ set himself keep him off balance - use angles and target his ribs if possible- he may have a hard head but surely his ribs can break

RE: Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th - diehard - 09-20-2022

Excellent game plan. Be sure and let Lee and JP know! He does that, he wins. JJ does NOT have a Plan B.

A funny one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIUTAfx1zr0

Here's JJ/DDD as a teaser for JP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlvFttDXnY

Watched the fight again. I honestly don't see much in JJ. DDD was winning the fight but quit due to his eye. JJ's jab isn't sharp, it's often a lazy jab. He doesn't have close to the punching power of the greats, certainly not Tyson, Tua, Klit, etc. I think what he does do is grind it out. Which works against inferior boxers, but not against a guy who can move and throw combos. Like JP. Jennings gave JJ trouble.

Joseph Parker: Why I'm too good for Joe Joyce
Duncan Johnstone
10:17, Sep 20 2022

Joseph Parker feels confident ahead of his WBO interim heavyweight title fight in Manchester.
A confident Joseph Parker has laid out his plans for beating Britain’s Joe Joyce in Manchester this weekend.

Parker and Joyce clash for the WBO’s interim heavyweight title (on Sunday morning NZT). Joyce is No 1 and Parker No 2 with the WBO and the fight will go a long way to sorting out a future opponent for current champion Oleksandr Usyk.

Parker has wrapped up his training camp in Morecambe in north England to transfer to Manchester, a venue he knows well, securing three important victories there against Hughie Fury and Dereck Chisora (twice).

Joseph Parker is having his fourth fight at the Manchester Arena when he takes on Joe Joyce.
Parker, “glowing” off the back of his third camp with his British trainer Andy Lee, has no doubts he will hand Joyce (14-0), who he labels “Big Lump”, his first professional defeat.

“I’m going to be too fast, I'm going to be too quick. I will have better movement than he does,” Parker (30-2) said.

“Of course, he’s got this jab, and he comes forward, and he has got a good engine. But I’ve prepared for that, I’ve had great sparring partners to prepare for that.

“Joe Joyce has had a great amateur background, he has that unbeaten confidence as a professional, he has a good engine, he takes a good shot ,and he throws a lot of punches. But I’m going to beat him, I’m going to give him his first loss.”

Parker feels his relationship with former world cruiserweight champion Lee and Tyson Fury, the current WBC heavyweight champion, has taken his skills to another level, and he’s eager to showcase that in a fight of huge consequence.

Parker is adamant his power factor has increased, something he will need if he is to topple the much larger Joyce who will enjoy handy height, weight and reach advantages for a fight that could go toe-to-toe for long periods.

“I’ve made this the best camp I’ve had, I’ve trained hard every day, I’m glowing,” Parker said.

“You are going to see a more improved Joseph Parker in the ring. Andy has added a lot more to my weapons.

“When you surround yourself with champions, you get a champion mindset yourself.

“There’s no doubt, no worries, because I’ve done the work. So when the fight comes around this big lump (Joyce) is going to get a lump on his head.”

AT A GLANCE – Joseph Parker v Joe Joyce

Joseph Parker (NZ)

30 years old
32 wins (21 KO) / 0 draws / 2 losses 65.6% KO
193 cm tall / 193cm reach
Resides in Auckland, New Zealand
Ranked Number 2 WBO, No 3 WBC, No 4 Ring Magazine, No 6 IBF
Former WBO World Heavyweight Champion;
Former WBO Oriental Heavyweight Champion;
Former WBO Africa Heavyweight Champion;
Former OPBF Heavyweight Champion;
Former New Zealand National Boxing Federations Heavyweight Champion;
Two-time Former New Zealand Heavyweight Amateur Champion;
Parker fought reigning Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua and took him 12 rounds
Fought in front of record world pay-per-view TV audience vs Anthony Joshua
Fought live in front of 80,000 people vs Anthony Joshua in Cardiff
Never been knocked out

Joe Joyce (UK)

36 years old
14 wins (13 KO) / 0 draws / 0 losses
92.86% KO
198cm tall / 203cm reach
Resides in Putney, London
Born in London, United Kingdom
Ranked Number 1 WBO, No 2 WBC, No 5 IBF
Current WBO International Heavyweight Champion;
Current WBC Silver Heavyweight Champion;
Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion;
Former British Heavyweight Champion;
Unbeaten

RE: Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th - Kiwi - 09-20-2022

JP's big weekend

Time to reset the reputation and put the whole division on notice

More important than his title fight with AJ
Time to step up as Kiwi said put the division on notice

JJ is VERY beatable. He beats him once, and then loses, it's a rubber match to fight Usyk. He beats him twice, he fights Usyk. Usyk is a 40/60 fight for JP. Usyk has the edge, but if JP beats JJ twice, he'll be in a great place to fight Usyk, albeit a different type a fighter.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. JJ is the most important fight in JP's life right now. Follow bart's game plan, and he wins. Not throwing punches and moving, he loses.