Mega Fight On!!
So Manny was injured going into the fight. That may explain why he didn't fight as I expected him to. He just wasn't busy enough to push floyd.

Should there be a rematch? I'm still not convinced. Money talks though and Floyd has 2 more fights. So we'll probably see the rematch next year for Floyds 50th

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11442642
I gave Mayweather 6 rounds, Pacquioa 5 rounds, and 1 round even. Very close fight and if Manny was the champion he may have won it. But Manny had to win atleast 8 rounds to have a chance at winning that fight. There is no way they were going to give it to him on that effort I'm afraid.
...and if his shoulder was injured that badly, he should have postponed it. If it wasn't that bad then he shouldn't say nothing, especially after losing!

Hindsights a wonderful thing isn't it Wink
Compubox stats make interesting reading
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/480790/sports/boxing/look-stats-show-mayweather-threw-and-landed-more-punches-than-pacquiao
it was a rubbish fight really, i've sin better fights than that..one guy chased the other around who didn't want to engage, Holyfield Tyson 1 was definitely the fight of our generation..
a rematch is only tithe more money to the cause..i hope it ends here..
Yeah, I hate losing fighters complaining about injuries after the fight. Poor sportsmanship. I disagree with your results, Dannyboy, but at least you had it a lot closer than the judges and commentators.

I thought Manny fought the perfect fight. Hurt him a couple of times and had him covering up. And running. Manny threw a lot of combinations, but was smart enough to stop in time to keep from being timed by Mayweather. No way either fighter could have fought better. A rematch would be the same fight, and the same result, given the judges.
Interesting how many people thought Manny won it? As I said I thought it was close but didn't think Manny did enough, when he did engage he looked good but I think he stalked and waited too much, and he got pinged by that over hand right of Floyds too often, especially in the latter rounds.

I actually would like to see a rematch, I didn't think it was that badder fight, I just think everyone was bummed cause Manny didn't win, and it became a little predictable in those last few rounds... Manny didn't change gear or change it up?

Floyds defense is good, but he pushes the rules to the limit. Pacquioa camp should have made a bigger deal about Mayweathers holding and elbows before the fight, that way it would have been policed more and Floyd would have had to come up with something different. That's how he beat Hatton, De La Hoya, and now Pacquioa.
Dannyboy, if he did more, Mayweather would have countered and KO'd him. But I don't understand. Manny did a lot. He even had Mayweather running all over the ring a few rounds. It was Manny throwing the combos, not Mayweather. And Manny hit Mayweather with that left as much as Mayweather did with the right.

Regarding Manny's hurt right shoulder: it didn't seem a problem during the fight. Manny used his right, especially as part of the combos he threw. So if was injured, I didn't think it affected his performance.
the stats don't lie though. It was Mayweather who threw and landed more often. Manny simply didn't throw enough punches and put enough pressure on Mayweather to win the fight

According to compubox Mayweather landed nearly twice as many shots as Manny. Obviously stats don't tell the full story, but they do suggest the judges decision was right.
Mippy, my minds made up. Don't confuse me with the facts! Manny won that fight. Would be interesting to hear how they compute the punches. Surely there are not sensors on the gloves and body. Someone has to count the punches, me thinks. And how can that judge have it 118-112? Two rounds for Pacman only? No way. I had Mayweather winning the first two rounds, and the eleventh. Many of the other rounds were pretty even, and I guess they gave the majority of those rounds to Mayweather. Did you see combinations from Mayweather? Did you see Mayweather hurt him? No.

BTW, Holyfield said Manny won, and he should know.
It's not overly scientific, there's two guys at ring side watching each fighter and they input the punches into a computer system that does all the calculation.

It's funny how different people can watch the same fight and form different opinions. I was really disappointed with Manny's performance which I thought wasn't up to his usual standards. I wanted him to win.

For me when Pacquaio hurt Mayweather in the 4th was telling. Floyd then covered up, Manny threw a heaps of combos at him, but nothing got through his defence. Manny gave up and backed off.