SBW vs Chauncey
It's weird they were wearing gloves as I saw a fight just like Gallen's outside the pub at 3am the other week.
Also weird that Gallen was throwing elbows and holding yet was never spoken to yet ref constantly talked to other guy and threatened to disqualify him because of a head clash.
I don't mind one of these fights on a good boxing card but a whole night of crap like this needs to be under the corparate banner as its a bit embarrasing
(01-31-2015, 11:32 PM)justafan Wrote: I really like Lucas Browne and have a lot of respect for him but don't rate him on the world stage. What happens to Lucas rep if SBW knocks him out in a couple of rounds?
To be fair I know someone who has delt with SBW's management team and from what I was told (and it's not hairsay, it's the truth) I don't really trust or believe anything that happens around the SBW camp! It's sad but true

i have heard the same from a very reliable source.
I'm a little suspicious, he made a decent job of defending himself against Browne but seemed to have no interest in even trying to defend himself tonight. Hmmmm
One thing is for sure, whoever the promoter was should lose their license unless they are doing corperate stuff
Do tell. What have you heard in SBW's camp?
Guess my issue with what you are suggesting is that Chauncy had almost NO chance of winning. He's slow, low punch outage, no power, and is basically good at absorbing punches. Which makes him a great sparring partner to the stars. I will concede that he may have an inside game, and does know how to fight well enough to last the rounds with that chin of his, but Chauncy at his best would have lost to SBW.

SBW could have been Parker, if he gave up rugby and was trained by KB. In sparring, he was as good as, if not slightly better, than Parker. Parker has certainly advanced beyond what I saw in sparring, but SBW could have too if handled right and dedicated himself to boxing.
Here's the article along with a video:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/65642383/sonny-bill-williams-wins-comfortable-unanimous-decision
Yep last night was an absolute mismatch, I know its stating the obvious but you can't come into a fight weighing 300+ pounds.
I think welliver showed u can actually....... Putting up a competitive fight is a different story.
He actually fought better 5 years ago when he WAS 300 pounds on a regular basis. He was competitive against a top 5 guy in Solis. Me, and others, convinced him to lose weight, find a trainer, and get rid of the circus act. He did, and I thought he was on his way. The problem is that he never had any power, wasn't fast, and didn't throw enough punches. He hit his limit against Tank Williams, and basically retired, only to answer the call against local talent in the US and as a fill in for top ten guys. He should have stayed retired.
I remember watching him fight here regularly 5 years ago and he was never anywhere near 300lbs, he certainly had a lot more ambition.