Joseph Parker
Browne has a point.

Is Browne really going to fight Fres Oquendo? Boxrec reckons he hasn't fought since mid 2014 and is about 44. Surely Browne would win that one.

So maybe Browne vs Tyson Fury?
(03-09-2016, 10:51 AM)diehard Wrote: https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/interview-joseph-parker-carlos-takam/53274#more-53274

Well written piece.

‘Yes, unfortunately the best example I can give is how Lennox beat David Tua. Just the way he controlled the distance in that fight, using his advantages, using his piston-like jab, I have to do the same.’

Exactly!!
Except JO Parker isnt Lennox Lewis and Carlos Takam isnt David Tua.
I love Lucas and so happy he got the win which hand on heart I didn't think he could do but he does NOT have a point!
Parker has every right to call him out for a title that is far below a genuine world title.
He says Parker needs to get out and earn a shot with him like he did.
So that means Parker's next five opponents should be Clarence Tillman, Eric Martel Bahoeli, Andriy Rudenko, Chauncy Welliver and Julius Long???
Lol, if that is Parker's next five opponents to get a shot at someone like Browne we would all be going off out heads saying that Parker needs to step up.
I like Browne he's a great story but he needs to handle callouts from even an unproven fighter like Parker much better.
If he means earn it by sitting around and fighting nobodies and waiting for three years for a shot like he did I think he needs to understand an outfit like Duco have way too much invested for that.
Not sure when the Fres Oquendo matchup is scheduled for Browne on the next step of the WBA tourn.....that'll dictate who Browne will fight next. He may squeeze someone in between the Fres fight, or he may take a big payday, and go out with a bag of cash.

Parker is too risky, with less money attached. Maybe down the track as a big Australasian matchup, but time is against Browne, as he's already in his late 30's. Can't blame him on looking elsewhere.
I think all his decisions will be based on money as he hasn't made a lot out of boxing yet but when you look at his last five opponents I think he makes himself look stupid by telling anyone to go and earn a fight with him
Seems like the WBA tourney is falling apart some. First they couldn't get Ustinov. Then Ortiz gets TT, but it's a non-title fight. Then Browne beats Chagaev, but Oquendo is uncertain. Fury vs Klit is a maybe. Just feel the heavyweight division is too splintered for a tourney right now.

Takam fought Povetkin to a stand-still for ten rounds. Definitely a force to be reckoned with. Duco says that if Parker wins, he'll fight two more times in NZ leading up to a title fight.
Browne has every right to answer loner Gans big mouth we'll humiliate you call out any way he wants..and the piss off reply is appropriate in my book. Lonergans was insulting and deserved the same in kind reply.
Browne is in a position to cash in on a big fight now. He scraped past a fat out of shape Chagaev and I would love to see Parker demolish him but he will he after a big money fight first cause this is his one and only chance to make big money. He wants Fury hahahah Tyson will play with him he won't hold the belt for very long at all.
Fat out of shape....what a load of bollocks...what round was it??? Lol Browne did real good AND made Australasian boxing history.