Canelo/Bivol. Sunday. DAZN.
Canelo-Bivol undercard results

By Miguel Maravilla

Mexican Olympian flyweight Joselito Velasquez (15-0-1, 10 KOs) stopped Marcos Sustaita (13-5-1, 11 KOs) in round six. Velasquez scored a knockdown and the referee stopped it 1:06 of the sixth.

Undefeated middleweight prospect Aaron Silva (10-0, 7 KOs) from Monterrey, Mexico stopped Alexis Espino (8-1, 5 KOs) of Las Vegas in round four. Fight was stopped after a barrage of unanswered punches at 1:17 of the fourth.
Zhang/Alexander is next.  And we have it on DAZN at High Noon!  For $3!
i'm watching
(05-08-2022, 03:47 PM)bart Wrote: i'm watching

Excellent!  Zhang was a mis-match, but the Gomez/Giyasov fight was a good one.  Two fights to go...
Pitiful last fight. I was hoping Love lost.
Bivol defeats Canelo

By Miguel Maravilla at ringside

WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol (20-0, 11 KOs) successfully defended his title with a twelve round unanimous decision over Canelo Alvarez (57-2-2, 39 KOs) on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Canelo mostly pressed the action, but Bivol, a good ring technician, often outboxed and frustrated Canelo. Scores were 115-113 3x.

The bout began with Bivol pumping the jab and Canelo throwing the chopping right hands, Alvarez stalked as Bivol kept busy in the opening round. Canelo stayed close in round two as Bivol fought off a compact defense throwing straight as Alvarez showed flash threw and connected from different angles. In round three, Canelo kept the pace and landed inside with combinations, Bivol continued to fight off the jab and finished the round with Canelo pinned up as the Mexican began to show some flash off the ropes. Canelo connected with a solid right hand early in the fourth, Bivol had Canelo on the ropes, but Alvarez managed his way out and later connected Bivol with a huge uppercut.

Bivol had his moment in the fifth as he had Canelo pinned up against the ropes and unleashed a combination, but Alvarez appeared to be doing the rope a dope. In the sixth, Bivol worked the jab and Canelo looked to counter off the ropes but was limited, later in the round Bivol backed Canelo. Past the halfway mark in the seventh, the jab was effective for Bivol as he continued to back Canelo but the Mexican kept working his way inside with power shots but the champ appeared to outwork Canelo. Coming out firing in the eighth, Bivol let his hands go as he had Canelo up against the ropes wailing away, the Mexican superstar appeared to have no answer for Bivol work output as the champ just worked and outhustled Canelo

The ninth round saw Bivol neutralize Canelo landing the jab and outworking him as Alvarez appeared limited and sluggish. Late in the fight in the tenth, Bivol kept coming as Canelo appeared to be frustrated as he was throwing everything at the champ. In the championship rounds, Bivol backed Canelo to the ropes in the eleventh as the Mexican superstar appeared to have now answer for Bivol’s will. The twelfth and final round saw Canelo sensing the urgency looking for the knockout as Bivol boxed and kept pumping the jab.

Bivol out-landed Canelo 152-84, out-threw him 710-495, and had a higher comment percentage 21%-17%
115-113 by all three judges? What were they smoking? I had it Bivol 9-3 in rounds for Bivol. Bivol was too fast and boxed much better than Canelo. I had a feeling he would win, and shoulda bet at those odds.
yip, i didn't know enough about him but he really puzzled Canelo, who tried all his old tricks but couldn't break Bivol down- outstanding boxing discipline
It's weird how Canelo goes up a weight class and gets beat by speed and boxing skills and not by power.  Bivol schooled him.  Weirdly, I think Beterbiev beats Bivol and probably KO's him.
(05-08-2022, 10:07 PM)diehard Wrote: It's weird how Canelo goes up a weight class and gets beat by speed and boxing skills and not by power.  Bivol schooled him.  Weirdly, I think Beterbiev beats Bivol and probably KO's him.

Yeah Beterbiev is a whole different beast altogether, and yes I had it 118-110 Bivol. Canelo well beaten in there by the bigger man.