Charles Martin vs. Anthony Joshua- IBF World Championship Title, O2 Arena, April 9th
Will be interesting to see what happens next. I don't believe the Fury vs Klitschko fight will go ahead. I can see a mega fight on the cards now, with AJ to fight Fury at Wembley Stadium. This is the fight they will try and put together. And it will be massive!!

I do think they will both fight a lower ranked fighter each first, but whom that is will be a mystery.
Fury and Klitschko have basically nailed in 9th of July as their fight date, it will go ahead as planned there is no reason for it not to I'm thinking
(04-11-2016, 06:51 AM)tm7 Wrote: Looking at the IBF rankings and who is available, Joshua's first defence should be against Stiverne. Not that he really deserves another title shot having not done much lately but there's nobody else free and credible.

He hasn't had a shot since he lost his belt? So its not like he's been getting heaps of shots he's 1 from 1 in title challenges

IMO its a little different comparing a former champ to a former title challenger. Former champ obviously being more worthy of a shot.
Can't wait bro...I Expect Jo to be very sharp but he's not fighting a punch bag. A dangerous fight for someone.
And true Nakifan but I think a fighter should not look to his corner at all during the rounds with the exception of being in a neutral corner during a 8 count.
Exactly.  Drove me crazy when JP did that.  And KB should know better than to mouth instructions that aren't easily understood.  Never been a trainer, but I'd guess you'd give very basic, easy to understand instructions in between rounds like, "move your head" or "double jab" or "keep your right up," and then maybe reinforce it during the round.  But NEVER, EVER say anything to your fighter where he'd need to turn around and look at you to comprehend it.  NEVER AGAIN JP and KB.  Please.

With Stiverne, I thought he'd really turned a corner against Arreola, looked great, got rid of his weaknesses, but against Wilder he was lethargic.  Some people say he was not feeling well or injured.  And his last fight with Rossy was not that good.  He only fights once or twice a year, and he's lucky to keep his  WBC#2 ranking.
(04-11-2016, 05:41 PM)james5000 Wrote:
(04-11-2016, 06:51 AM)tm7 Wrote: Looking at the IBF rankings and who is available, Joshua's first defence should be against Stiverne. Not that he really deserves another title shot having not done much lately but there's nobody else free and credible.

He hasn't had a shot since he lost his belt? So its not like he's been getting heaps of shots he's 1 from 1 in title challenges

IMO its a little different comparing a former champ to a former title challenger. Former champ obviously being more worthy of a shot.

I think a former champ is more worthy as well but is Stiverne an exception? Similar to Martin, he was gifted a vacant title and lost his first defence
(04-11-2016, 08:01 PM)diehard Wrote: Exactly.  Drove me crazy when JP did that.  And KB should know better than to mouth instructions that aren't easily understood.  Never been a trainer, but I'd guess you'd give very basic, easy to understand instructions in between rounds like, "move your head" or "double jab" or "keep your right up," and then maybe reinforce it during the round.  But NEVER, EVER say anything to your fighter where he'd need to turn around and look at you to comprehend it.  NEVER AGAIN JP and KB.  Please.

With Stiverne, I thought he'd really turned a corner against Arreola, looked great, got rid of his weaknesses, but against Wilder he was lethargic.  Some people say he was not feeling well or injured.  And his last fight with Rossy was not that good.  He only fights once or twice a year, and he's lucky to keep his  WBC#2 ranking.

Stiverne is also almost 40 and has always been on the chubby side, i think he's past his prime tbhq