Charles Martin vs. Anthony Joshua- IBF World Championship Title, O2 Arena, April 9th
Nice Return! I think Bradley is going to School Pacman
(04-08-2016, 03:28 PM)Boxingfan25 Wrote: Yeah Martin said he would be in the best shape of his life in all his previous fights to date he has looked a bit fleshy but I feel as if he has trimmed down a bit and will be looking spot on at the weigh in. We will find out soon enough. Is anyone putting any Money down on either fighter ? I was thinking a lazy $20 on Martin to win by KO wouldn't be such a bad idea.

he looked a lot smaller than joshua at the face off today, baring in mind he had a jumper and a big wollen coat on and joshua was in a t shirt

he will be low 230's imo.

Interesting to see if it works or if it just means joshua will just overpower him
AJ is way to reliant on his Power and so far that's worked for him and he hasn't need anything else but when he meets someone who can hang with his power or perhaps avoid getting hit clean by him he's going to be clueless and the guy to expose that weakness could very well be Martin.
(04-09-2016, 12:46 AM)Boxingfan25 Wrote: AJ is way to reliant on his Power and so far that's worked for him and he hasn't need anything else but when he meets someone who can hang with his power or perhaps avoid getting hit clean by him he's going to be clueless and the guy to expose that weakness could very well be Martin.

To be honest, Martin looks dreadful on tape, i've watched all his fights in the last week.

He does not move his head much, he holds his hands at chest level, he pushes his shots out lazily and rarely loads up. The final round of him vs love is some of the worst heavyweight boxing i have ever seen from a world champion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_RlkbhVpg&nohtml5=False

If he fights like that against Joshua he will get decapitated.

His opposition level has been dreadful, as has Joshuas (bar whyte) but at least Joshua looked spectacular against his opponents, Martin looked pretty bad, but got the wins by being fairly better than his opponents

Unless Martin shows me something he's never shown before, Joshua will smash him to bits inside 4 rounds, Joshuas power is very, very real, and I don't think Martin is good enough to avoid getting blown apart.

Kevin Johnson was cagey, and slippery, and had a granite chin but it didn't help him one iota, i see this fight potentially going the same way as that one did.
Haha I agree that last round against Love was terrible he was hitting him with Pitter patter punches and Love went down through exhaustion more then Martins punches. Your right Martin will need to show something he's never shown before if he is to win but what is interesting is Peter Fury is picking Martin to win and he rated him highly as a fighter and the thing about Peter is he talks sense he doesn't talk crap so when he speaks I tend to listen but in saying that i personally believe Martin is just cashing in and will get blown out within 3 rounds but hey stranger things have happened!
In all those fights Infern0. ..how often did you see Martin get hit cleanly? I agree about his stance but he does have very good reactions and avoids power punches very well. I can't wait...
Two unknowns.  I think Martin matches him in size, has power, is a leftie, and boxes a little better.  AJ has that awesome power.  One of those guys is going to get exposed.  Yep, I'd put a lazy $20 on Martin.
Weigh In Video:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/charles-martin-anthony-joshua-presser/54436
Martin definitely appears to be in better shape then his previous fights and AJ looking in sensational shape as always. Good Entertainment by The Cannon hahaha
Anyone know if Martin has ever been dropped as a Professional ?