Charles Martin vs. Anthony Joshua- IBF World Championship Title, O2 Arena, April 9th
AJ timing was spot on. He didn't even look like he put everything into those shots
(04-10-2016, 02:34 PM)diehard Wrote: Sham, who would be AJ's toughest opponent in the future?

Of course AJ is still green in my opinion die and there dangers lurking out there. Fury for his awkwardness and then is Ortiz (Is that his name)? but I also consider David Haye as a real big threat, he is short wiry and moves his body well and has power if he can land. That to me would make an interesting contest.
Yeah Martin didn't help Joshuas development that much, you did get a sense that Martin gave up realized he was well out of his depth...little was too unknown about Martin other that he had a reasonable fight with Glaskov before Glaskov injured himself during that fight...Joshua did show patience for once unlike the whyte fight though...lets be honest Martin made Joshua look really good...Martin is average as JP quoted "There's nothing special about Martin"
(04-10-2016, 04:48 PM)mippy Wrote: AJ timing was spot on. He didn't even look like he put everything into those shots

It's because he didn't, Martin has a glass shoulder...
Rumor was Martin got paid something like 8 million pounds for this fight

for a guy who came up in the ghetto and had nothing until this year (only got 250k for the glazkov fight) I have a feeling after that second right hand he just thought "what is the point of taking any more of this"
I was thinking today he was prob guaranteed big bucks... a firm investment by Hearn to lure Martin to UK
Martin could have fought in the States and only demand $250 as still not overly recognised as a HW champ , while also a risk of losing.
Go to UK 50/50 fight for $$ he would never ever have a chance to make but big risk to lose title..... take the $$
If u win great take a rematch and earn again if u lose ur 8mil richer. win win i say
His boxing career pretty much zilch now but 8 mil baby
No wonder Martin was smiling after he raised AJ's hand.
A firm investment by Hearn as now AJ is seen as a champ in UK all his fights even voluntary defences against journeyman like Chisora will bring crowds and ppv $$ as the poms latch on to their hero as they do. It will be a great ride till he loses until they can pretty much print their own money
JP lacks the character to compete in the top of the alphabets, somewhere, he lacks confidence in a huge scale and is robotised by Kevin Barry. I don't see him ever beating Joshua because of it.
(04-10-2016, 09:23 PM)bart Wrote: A firm investment by Hearn as now AJ is seen as a champ in UK all his fights even voluntary defences against journeyman like Chisora will bring crowds and ppv $$ as the poms latch on to their hero as they do. It will be a great ride till he loses until they can pretty much print their own money

And we don't?

I expect better than tvnz level nationalism from this forum.

If Joe had got to martin first and won tonight there would be fireworks from the sky tower and hakas galore