Charles Martin vs. Anthony Joshua- IBF World Championship Title, O2 Arena, April 9th
Parker needs to win well to make it marketable in UK.
AJ will sell out any stadium in UK now for a defence but $$ will be huge if JP seen as a real contender
My guess? Forget the IBF and Parker for AJ. I see him fighting Fury (if he wins) at the end of the year. Huge mega-fight, with the $$$ attached. Avoid Haye. No need.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/78748458/anthony-joshua-defeats-charles-martin-to-win-the-ibf-world-heavyweight-title
Congrats AJ. Can't really argue the result. He obviously had Martins number
I dont see Parker in any fight with Joshua any time soon. Joshua may have a couple of interim fights before taking on Fury
Sham, who would be AJ's toughest opponent in the future?
Man Joshua has serious power it seems ? I mean he has won all his fights by KO but he hasn't really knocked many of his opponents clean out with one punch power has he? I'm wondering if he Hits as hard as he's made out too it certainly appears he does. What do you think would happen if Joshua landed a Clean punch right on Joes Chin ? What would happen if Parker landed clean on AJ's chin ?
(04-10-2016, 02:59 PM)Boxingfan25 Wrote: Man Joshua has serious power it seems ? I mean he has won all his fights by KO but he hasn't really knocked many of his opponents clean out with one punch power has he? I'm wondering if he Hits as hard as he's made out too it certainly appears he does. What do you think would happen if Joshua landed a Clean punch right on Joes Chin ? What would happen if Parker landed clean on AJ's chin ?

If joshua lands a clean punch on Joes chin, joe gets ko'd

The other way round, not too sure.

I think joshua clearly has a lot more power than joe, but joe has advantages in other areas
Joe has the movement to worry AJ
but AJ has the power to worry anybody
would be more interesting than the Martin fight.
i would think AJ has no interest in a JP fight too much to lose little gain as JP small fish in UK
They already saying 2 voluntarily fights prob Chisora who is a brit so will still sell
Building to a mega ££ Furey fight-
JP has to win v Takam then fight in UK to build a name there.
Otherwise take another route to a diff belt
I agree, bart. Martin seemed afraid to engage, almost waiting to be KO'd. Like it was his destiny. Never offered anything. Hard to take anything out of AJ's KO due to Martin, other than he has power.