Chocolatito/Martinez. DAZN. Sunday
DAZN.  Starting at 2:30 NZ time
Trainer: Chocolatito has no distractions this time.

By Hesiquio Balderas

Marcos Caballero, chief trainer of Nicaraguan legend and former multi-division world champion Roman “Chocolatito” González, talks to Fightnews.com® about this weekend’s fight against Julio Cesar Martinez.

“We made a lot of changes, especially in the mental part and what I mean by this is to focus more on strategy, to be more focused on that department. With Estrada, we did so but not 100%. I still think we won the fight fair and square but we didn’t apply the strategy as we planned it during the fight, but this time is different. He listens more and sticks to our game plan in the gym and he will do it in the fight. This is one of the best camps we ever had.

“We are focusing on this fight against Martinez who is a tough fighter, he comes forward and throws a lot of punches, if all goes well we have many options after this fight. There are new champions in this division and it opens a lot of doors and windows of opportunities, a rematch with Gallo Estrada is there too, so we’ll see what happens.

“Anything can happen in boxing. I know that Rey Martinez is a hungry fighter, but if he comes relentlessly he is going to hit a brick wall. You need to have a lot of tools to beat Chocolatito, but anything can happen inside the ring. We don’t underestimate anyone.”

“The fans can expect the best Chocolatito with all his skills and all his arsenal inside the ring. The best version of Roman will show up. All the hard work we did he will put on display on Saturday night and it will be a great fight. God first, it will be a great show for the fans,” concluded Caballero.
Chocolatito-Martinez weights from San Diego

Roman Gonzalez 114.8 vs. Julio Cesar Martinez 116.4
(WBC diamond super featherweight title)
Note: Martinez failed to make the championship limit at the second attempt, title only on the line for Gonzalez.

Mauricio Lara 126 vs. Emilio Sanchez 126
Angel Fierro 134.6 vs. Juan Carlos Burgos 134.2
Souleymane Cissokho 153.8 vs. Roberto Valenzuela Jr 154
Diego Pacheco 170 vs. Genc Pllana 171
Marc Castro 134.8 vs. Julio Madera 134.4
Fernando Angel Molina 139.6 vs. Angel Aispuro 139.8
Skye Nicolson 129 vs. Jessica Juarez 129
Anthony Herrera 118.6 vs. Jose Toribio 118.2

Venue: Pechanga Arena, San Diego, California
Promoter: Matchroom
TV: DAZN
Results from San Diego

Unbeaten WBA #12, WBC #15 super welterweight Souleymane Cissokho (15-0, 9 KOs) scored a ten round unanimous decision over Roberto Valenzuela Jr (23-3, 19 KOs). In a wild round four, Valenzuela dropped Cissokho and during Valenzuela’s follow up barrage Cissokho dropped him! Both were solid knockdowns. Scores were 100-90, 99-91, 99-91,

Unbeaten super middleweight Diego Pacheco (14-0, 11 KOs) scored a second round KO against Genc Pllana (9-4-1, 5 KOs). Pacheco dropped Pllana in round one and knocked him out in round two. Time was 1:29.

Unbeaten lightweight Marc Castro (6-0, 5 KOs) was knocked down and taken the distance for the first time against Julio Madera (3-2, 2 KOs), Madera dropped Castro in round two, but after six judges had it 58-55 3x for Castro.

Debuting 2020 Olympian female super featherweight Skye Nicolson (1-0, 0 KOs) outpointed Jessica “La Reina” Juarez (3-1, 1 KO) over six rounds. Scores were 60-54, 60-54, 59-55.

Super bantamweight Anthony “Superman” Herrera (2-0, 2 KOs) scored a fourth round KO over Jose Toribio (7-5, 1 KO). A hook to the liver ended Toribo. Time was :24.
Chocolatito dominates Martinez

Former four-division world champion Roman Gonzalez (51-3, 41 KOs) outclassed and dismantled current WBC flyweight champion Julio Cesar Martinez (18-2, 14 KOs) in a super flyweight bout on Saturday night at the Pechanga Arena in San Diego, California. Both were happy to exchange. Martinez attacked with naked aggression while Chocolatito was the more accurate puncher and landed the cleaner shots. Gonzalez took over in the middle rounds and began to punish Martinez. Chocolatito demonstrated elite skills, backing up the normally hyper-aggressive Martinez and connecting at a nearly 50% rate. After twelve rounds, scores were 118-110, 117-111, 116-112.

In an all-out war, IBF #3, WBO #4 featherweight Mauricio “Bronco” Lara (24-2-1, 17 KOs) scored a third round KO over Emilio Sanchez (19-2 12 KOs). Lara came out winging power shots from the get-go. He dropped Sanchez in round one and rocked Sanchez again in round two. Both fighters were hurt in round three and Lara spectacularly laid out Sanchez at the bell. Time was 2:59.

WBO #3 lightweight Angel Fierro (19-1-2, 15 KOs) and Juan Carlos Burgos (34-6-3, 21 KOs) fought to a lackluster ten round majority draw. Scores were 96-94 Fierro, 95-95, 95-95.
One of THE best performances I've seen from a fighter at ANY time. Combinations, power, defense, chin, etc.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/eddie-hearn-doesnt-want-chocolatito-to-fight-at-118/214810
He is a machine - defense was spot on Martinez was firing bombs and missed or had them blocked, I think that drained him.
I really thought it was going to be stopped by ref or corner so fair play to Martinez to get going but it was one sided
Hey bart, I see that you put your $3 to DAZN to good use. Would love to see Chocolatito fight for a title in his weight class. Martinez is all heart, and I read that he's going back down to 112. Smart.
One hellova fight. Got my $3 worth:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/mauricio-lara-destroys-emilio-sanchez-results/214820