Lomachenko/Commey. Sunday. Free.
SKY SPORT 4.  Channel 54 from 3PM-6:30 (NZ time).  Free.
Loma-Commey Final Press Conference

Lightweights Vasiliy Lomachenko and Richard Commey faced off at the final press conference for their clash Saturday evening at Madison Square Garden New York City.

Vasiliy Lomachenko: “Madison Square Garden is a special place for me because during my professional career I had a lot of memorable fights here. It is the Mecca of Boxing. Thank you, Commey, you are a strong fighter. I think we are giving a very interesting fight to the fans. As I said before, he has big power and reach and has experience and a big heart. I’m very excited because this is the next step of my boxing career, and it will be very interesting for the fans.”

Richard Commey: I’m feeling good. I’m very excited. This is my second time coming here. The last time didn’t work out well for me {against Teofimo Lopez}, so I have the opportunity to right the wrong. I’ve got all of my country {Ghana} behind me. I’ve got all of the little children back home who want to be where I am, and I know it’s not an easy fight, but I’m coming. Losing is part of boxing, so regardless of how you lose, it’s all about coming back. So whatever happened with the Teofimo Lopez fight, it is what it is and I took it as a man. I knew I needed to come back and I came back very strong, and that is the reason why Loma chose me, and Saturday we are going to see what happens.”

In the co-feature, heavyweight Jared “The Real Big Baby” Anderson (10-0, 10 KOs) returns in an eight-rounder against Ukraine’s Oleksandr Teslenko (17-1, 13 KOs).

Jared Anderson: “I’ll be honest, he let a cruiserweight stop him, so that says it all. I had a pretty tough camp emotionally, but we came physically. We’re now mentally prepared, thanks to my team. They mean a lot to me. They’re behind me.”

Oleksandr Teslenko: “I know I’m the underdog, but I don’t care what people say.”

Also recent U.S. Olympic silver medalist Keyshawn Davis (3-0, 2 KOs) takes on Mexican veteran Jose Zaragoza (8-3-1, 2 KOs) in a six-round lightweight tilt, and middleweight Nico Ali Walsh (2-0, 2 KOs), grandson of “The Greatest,” opens the telecast in a four-rounder versus Reyes Sanchez (6-0, 2 KOs).
connor Benn and katie Taylor in the morning free on Dazn
(12-11-2021, 10:22 AM)bart Wrote: connor Benn and katie Taylor in the morning free on Dazn

Yes, starting at 7AM. I'll post it up with the undercard this afternoon.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/quotes-photos-vasily-lomachenko-richard-commey-prepared-for-war-on-saturday/208089
Results from Madison Square Garden

Welterweight Kelvin Davis (3-0, 2 KOs), the older brother of Keyshawn Davis, scored a second round TKO over Ryan Schwartzberg (1-4-1, 1 KO). Davis dropped Schwartzberg in round two and the bout was stopped after the round.

Light heavyweight “Mighty” Joe Ward (6-1, 3 KOs) stopped Britton Norwood (10-4-1, 7 KOs) in the first round.
Results from Madison Square Garden

2020 Olympic silver medalist Keyshawn Davis (4-0, 3 KOs) impressively crushed Jose Zaragoza (8-4-1, 2 KOs) in the second round of a lightweight bout. Davis dropped Zaragoza twice, the second time with a devastating body shot. Time was 2:51.

Middleweight prospect Nico Ali Walsh (3-0, 2 KOs), grandson of “The Greatest,” Muhammad Ali, won a four round majority decision over Reyes Sanchez (6-1, 2 KOs). Scores were 38-38, 40-36, 39-37.
Lomachenko dominates Commey

Former three-division world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko (16-2, 11 KOs) scored a one-sided twelve round unanimous decision over former world champion Richard Commey (30-4, 27 KOs) in a lightweight bout on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Loma took apart Commey, dropping him hard in round seven. Commey barely survived the round. Loma outboxed Commey the rest of the way to win 117-110, 119-108, 119-108.
Loma looked good, no KO close but Commey was game.
Loma will be avoided unfortunately ... like GGG
Loma is unbelievable. Fast hands, accurate, footwork, movement, and some power I didn't realise he had. I thought he carried Commey after almost closing the show in the 7th. Almost felt sorry for Commey. Idiot, with Commey's power, Loma could have gotten caught.

I put Loma up there with Canelo.