Fights this Week
Yeah I know the cut had an affect on Tszyu but I think he thought Fundora was just going to go away- I reckon even without the cut Fundora would have pushed him as the fight went on.
Followed the fight on eastside while watching the Warriors B team. They said that Tszyu had his way the first two rounds with Fundora until he got cut. True? From the highlights I saw, Fundora was hitting Tim easily with that left hand. Tim was lucky he didn't get ko'd as Fundora has good power. Crawford/Fundora? Crawford would be the favourite, but I wouldn't underestimate Fundora in this fight. Bet on the underdog!
Fundora when he got his confidence is a tricky opponent due to his height and reach, he also stayed disciplined throughout not brawling but trying to box to his advantages which he strayed from in the past. In a rematch I say its 50/50.
It was a bad cut for Tszyu but also Fundora nose was smashed and bleeding the majority of the fight.
Spence got in the ring afterwards asking for a shot..
The news this morning said Fundora is giving him a rematch. Good result for both of them.
Fundora promoter offers Tszyu a rematch

Sampson Lewkowicz, the sole promoter of brand-new unified WBC and WBO 154-pound world champion Sebastian “The Towering Inferno” Fundora, wishes to clarify his position on a potential Fundora rematch with now former champ and previously unbeaten Tim Tszyu.

“We were all so eager to make this fight that many of our agreements were made verbally. There wasn’t enough time,” explained Lewkowicz. “But I wish to make it clear that Team Fundora will honor the agreement. My word is always equal to a signed contract. Tim Tszyu, your rematch is ready when you are.”

Lewkowicz says the Fundora vs. Tszyu rematch will happen, with the only deciding factor being if Tszyu would like to do it immediately or if he prefers the fighters take an interim fight each beforehand.

“It all depends on Tim Tszyu,” said Lewkowicz. “If he doesn’t take the rematch, we will take the WBO mandatory or Spence, whatever the WBO says, but the first priority is the rematch with Tim Tszyu.”
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/wbo-orders-newly-minted-154-lb-champ-fundora-to-face-crawford/276483
Probably a good decision by Fundora- he probably feels he can take Tszyu and will no doubt be well paid to rematch him.
Fighting Crawford next would just be giving away the belt
And Spence may not be commercially worthwhile
The blood alone in the last fight is worth a million in marketing.
https://fightnews.com/giant-tszyu-fundora-photo-gallery/160254
Hitchins edges Lemos in IBF eliminator

In an IBF junior welterweight world title eliminator, Richardson Hitchins (18-0, 7 KOs) took a twelve round unanimous decision over Gustavo Lemos (29-1, 19 KOs) on Saturday night at the Fontainebleau Las Vegas. Lemos pressed the action non-stop, but judges preferred the work of Hitchins, 117-111, 115-113, 115-113.

Unbeaten super middleweight Diego Pacheco (21-0, 17 KOs) won a tactical ten-rounder over Shawn McCalman (15-1, 7 KOs). Scores 98-92, 97-93, 96-94. Pacheco retained his WBO International and USWBC titles

Olympic gold medalist Galal Yafai (7-0, 4 KOs) stopped Agustin Gauto (21-2, 15 KOs) in round eight of a hard-fought contest. Referee’s stoppage at 2:40. Yafai retained his WBC International flyweight title.

In a clash for the vacant WBC female featherweight title, Skye Nicolson (10-0, 1 KOs) scored a one-sided ten round unanimous decision over Sarah Mahfoud (14-2, 3 KOs). Scores were 100-90, 100-90, 99-91.

Unbeaten super featherweight Marc Castro (12-0, 8 KOs) outscored Abraham Montoya (22-6-1, 14 KOs) over ten rounds, 100-90, 98-92, 97-93.