Junior Fa
I think Fa should rebuild his ranking- a couple of wins v average journeyman will get him back then try make some coin off that
So weird that Fa was ranked 5th or 6th in the WBO, and top 10 in another alphabet, loses to Parker in a close fight, and then goes completely out of the top 15 in all alphabets. Weird.
Lets be honest, unless the money is huge, then there's no way Fa goes in with Huni.
(06-19-2021, 03:54 AM)African Monkey Wrote: Lets be honest, unless the money is huge, then there's no way Fa goes in with Huni.

Why not? Easy money. Don't have to travel too far. Nothing scheduling. Get the visit the Aussie beaches in the wintertime...
Easy money would be Lucas Browne (albeit less $)
Huni looks decent to me - chin untested but has good speed and punch selection
(06-19-2021, 04:17 PM)bart Wrote: Easy money would be Lucas Browne (albeit less $)
Huni looks decent to me - chin untested but has good speed and punch selection

Huni's toughest fight is with a rugby league player. And with only 5 fights, should be an easy win for Fa who lost a close decision to Parker. But yeah, I thought Huni looked good against Gallen.
Huni-Fa in negotiation

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Australian heavyweight champion Justis Huni (5-0, 4 KOs) has targeted New Zealand heavyweight Junior Fa (19-1, 10 KOs) for a bout in Australia or New Zealand according to Huni’s promoter Dean Lonergan. “What we are very keen to do is have Justis do what Joseph Parker couldn’t do, and that’s knock out Junior Fa,” Lonergan told Stuff. “If we could, we would put him in the ring with Joseph Parker right now, and we would be confident that he wins that fight too.”

“We’ve been in discussions for four to five months. I put a hard offer to them a month ago. They came back and complained there was too much incentive on New Zealand pay-per-view, and they want such and such as a guarantee. We have given them what they’ve asked for. Now it’s time for them to step up to the plate.

“We have given him what is not just the second-best, but maybe equal to the best money Junior has ever had, fighting against Joseph Parker. I see there’s some talk of Junior going to the United States to fight, but he’s got money on the table in front of him right now that he won’t get anywhere else in the world.

“Obviously they are worried about their boy getting beaten by a 5-0 guy.”
Lonergan is out of his mind if he thinks Huni can beat Parker or Fa. Huni had to go 9 rounds with Gallen? Good negotiating by markk. Now bring it home. I'm assuming they would fight in OZ.
Has Huni a ranking?
Fight him if the $ is very good, its close to home less travel expenditure etc
Better than nothing and Longeran is correct - if Fa went to the US he would be fighting 4-5 times to earn coin that he could get for Huni.
I know Die you said he shouldn't have trouble beating Huni as it took him 9 to get rid of Gallen, but Huni has speed and skills- maybe not a big punch but could be tricky
Oh, I don't think he's a walkover. But if Fa can't beat him convincingly, as in KO'ing him, he should retire. Otherwise, he fights B and C fighters to earn a living. His inactivity bothers me.