Junior Fa
Here's the headline:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/boxing-junior-fa-kevin-barry-come-full-circle-from-adversaries-to-training-partners/ON3JFPXOP2DBISFRTJCJLUXWLU/
Junior Fa to fight Lucas Browne on world title undercard
Duncan Johnstone
09:01, May 12 2022

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Junior Fa needs a good win to reignite his career.
Junior Fa is scheduled to meet rugged Australian heavyweight Lucas Browne on a huge night of boxing across the Tasman.

The bout will be part of the undercard for Aussie George Kambosos’s world lightweight unification fight against American Devin Haney in Melbourne on June 5. Kambosos holds the IBF, WBO, WBA belts and Haney has the WBC title.

Fellow New Zealand boxers Hemi Ahio and David Nyika are also expected to feature.

Fa and Browne will fight for the WBA’s Oceania heavyweight title.

It ends a long and frustrating break for Fa, 32, who last fought in February last year, suffering a unanimous points loss in a dull but competitive fight against fellow Kiwi Joseph Parker.

That loss was Fa’s first defeat in 20 fights and cost him his top five ranking with the WBO. His subsequent inactivity has seen him drop out of the top 15.

The 43-year-old Browne has won five of his last seven fights since being savagely knocked out by Britain’s Dillian Whyte in London in 2018.

His record stands at 30-3, but a better indication of his ageing form lies in his first round loss to former Australian rugby league star Paul Gallen who took less than two minutes to knock out Browne last year.

With Fa’s American promoter Lou DiBella putting on the Melbourne show, a spot for his talented Kiwi always seemed logical.

Fa should have too much speed and skill for Browne in what looks like a solid opportunity to relaunch his career close to home in high-profile circumstances.
Bart, haven't seen markk on here lately. Did you say something mean to him???
LOL not that I know of ....
Junior Fa Not Overlooking Lucas Browne, Expects a Tough Fight

Heavyweight veteran Lucas Browne has promised to pull off a big win on June 5th, as part of the undercard to the lightweight unification between George Kambosos and Devon Haney at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne.

Browne (30-3, 26 KOs) will have a tough test ahead of him, as he will face tough New Zealand contender Junior Fa (19-1, 10 KOs).

Fa's only loss was a competitive decision to former WBO world champion Joseph Parker.

Last year, Browne suffered a knockout loss at the hands of Paul Gallen - but then bounced back with a knockout win in December.

At 43-years-old, Browne can't afford another defeat.

“I would love nothing more than to fight for another world title and Junior Fa is standing in my way. If I can put him away early, that will send a message to the boxing world that I am far from finished. He has only lost once in his career, to Joseph Parker. I plan to hand him his second defeat,” Browne said to Fox Sports.

Although he's a solid favorite to win, Fa is not overlooking the task ahead with Browne.

“I 100 percent back myself, but I’m not taking Lucas lightly as he is a former world champ and was stopped by (Paul) Gallen with some illegal blows, so I don’t count that as a loss for him," Fa said.

“He has his power and we saw him use it to KO his last opponent. I’ll be getting the best Lucas Browne for this fight as I’m in the way of him being a contender again. It’s a huge opportunity for him and it’s going to be a tough fight.”
https://www.ringtv.com/639944-junior-fa-on-facing-lucas-browne-on-kambosos-haney-card-rebuilding-after-first-loss/
OMG!
Never saw that happening
So sad. Got caught on the temple. Happens. He's got a long way back now. Hopefully, he can catch a meaningful fight against a top 15 guy and surprise him. Or fight club fighters for a paycheck. Or retire.
yeah not great Browne is not a serious contender in any context
This is a big setback
Gives Browne another chance at a pay day somewhere though so fairplay to him
What's the deal with Fa? Did he just get caught or has he still got medical issues? Browne got blasted out by Gallen in one.

I thought this fight was way below Fa's level