AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN
Eddie talks like AJ was ahead until the eye injury in the 9th = delusional
(09-26-2021, 11:49 PM)bart Wrote: Eddie talks like AJ was ahead until the eye injury in the 9th = delusional

Eddie lost a lot of money from AJ's loss. I don't think AJ can beat Usyk in a rematch. Five years ago or so, he threw punches with authority, and no one could stand up to them. Now, his punches don't knock down a cruiserweight. One big fight left in the rematch, and he retires if he loses. Not like Ruiz, the idiot, who came in overweight in their second fight. Usyk is just the better boxer.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/lennox-lewis-reacts-to-usyks-win-over-joshua/188424
(09-27-2021, 11:15 AM)diehard Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 11:49 PM)bart Wrote: Eddie talks like AJ was ahead until the eye injury in the 9th = delusional

Eddie lost a lot of money from AJ's loss.  I don't think AJ can beat Usyk in a rematch.  Five years ago or so, he threw punches with authority, and no one could stand up to them.  Now, his punches don't knock down a cruiserweight.  One big fight left in the rematch, and he retires if he loses.  Not like Ruiz, the idiot, who came in overweight in their second fight.  Usyk is just the better boxer.

Yip All AJ had to do was stay mobile and stay behind the jab v Ruiz rematch- and Ruiz helped out a load with his own conditioning.
Usyk is a completely different animal- he won't lose focus or let it go to his head- he wants greatness.
Yeah alot of people will hope AJ can muster up a win in rematch... Eddie, Tyson, Dillian.. etc were all waiting on a payday 
Aj was so worried about being countered if he threw too many punches. Probably right. Eddie saying, "I didn't know Usyk would be so aggressive." What, thought he'd sit back and be picked apart?

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/david-haye-wants-joshua-to-rough-up-usyk-in-rematch/188493
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/f-31/188497
https://www.boxing247.com/
Hurt him is the game plan .... easy said than done
Alot needs to change to be able to do that- sure that is just Eddie talking and I'm sure MacCracken and co will do more planning than that.
I think next time we will see AJ come in much heavier- he tried to be as mobile and light footed as Usyk and it backfired- I say come in heavier and throw with authority. May not work being light did not help at all.
Don't box the boxer who is technically an ATG.
I'm not down on AJ I thought he tried his heart out and thats all you can ask but sometimes the other guy is better at too many aspects, this will be harder to come back from than Ruiz, he could explain the Ruiz loss to himself- caught with a great counter and never fully recovered - this gave him areas to work on and a belief that he was unlucky ... Usyk schooled him and would have KO'd him in another 5 sec
If AJ comes in heavier (slower?) and tries to counter Usyk, he's gonna get countered. I like his weight; I don't like AJ's game plan. He's gotta go for it. Hurt him? I don't know what that means. I thought you always tried to hurt your opponent. He just needs to come forward more off his jab and let his hands go, instead of trying to outbox him.

Bart, did you also see the last 8 seconds on the clock when AJ was against the ropes? Two seconds later the bell rings. If the fight lasted the full 8 seconds, I think AJ would have been down. Maybe Eddie rang the bell prematurely?
I thought by coming in light he took away from his own advantages, Yes he needs to come forward and let his hands go- but with his normal 250ish weight he may be more effective. Usyk will always counter he has that skill -just punch harder than he does..
Sounds simple - it is I don't think AJ has another gear speed wise so if he comes in light it will be a repeat - may as well try.
Yeah the bell thing... I really like both AJ and Eddie but he has always had help along the way - whether early stoppages when opponents not hurt or this early stoppage to prevent him being hurt. Not sure if Eddie (matchroom) to blame or just officials overprotective of the fav fighter.
AJ is the cash cow.
If Usyk wins the rematch would he fill a stadium v the likes of Pulev or even JP???? Maybe in the Ukraine I don't know...
I reckon if he wins it he will go straight in with winner of Furey- Wilder - maximum reward