Fury/Wilder III
(10-10-2021, 09:19 PM)diehard Wrote: True. Wilder will be 36 in a fortnight. Fury gave him a beating. Laying on him, good fighting inside, really monstered him. I thought Wilder caught him and hurt him at the end of a couple of the middle rounds. Fury is a masterful fighter. He just knows how to fight. How about a fight with AJ if he loses to Usyk again? Two broken fighters for one last hurrah.

BTW, anyone notice Parker in Fury's changing room before the fight?

Joshua had mystique, but with the nature of his two losses, having found the limit of his will, I just can't help seeing his career go a similar direction to David Price. He's not the monster we imagined. Wilder was beaten, but his punch is still dangerous and no one sane would take that lightly.

I totally missed Parker. Was watching for him in the training montages but was not to be seen.
Yeah, he had on a Versace (I think) t-shirt. Was standing next to Sanchez while Wilder was delaying his ringwalk. Looked good with a smart haircut.

Nah, Price never won any big titles, and AJ was a monster until he lost his aggression.
Deontay Wilder: I did my best

No excuses from former world champion Deontay Wilder after coming up short in a heroic bid to regain the heavyweight title against WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury Saturday night in Las Vegas.

“I did my best, but it wasn’t good enough,” said The Bronze Bomber.

“I’m not sure what happened. I know that in training he did certain things, and I also knew that he didn’t come in at 277 to be a ballet dancer. He came to lean on me, try to rough me up…and he succeeded.”
Tyson Fury: I will always deliver

“Like the great John Wayne said, ‘iron and steel,’ baby,” said WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury after knocking out Deontay Wilder Saturday night in Las Vegas. “I give God the glory for the victory. [Wilder] is a tough man. He took some big shots tonight. And I want to say that if it wasn’t for SugarHill, America and Detroit’s own, I wouldn’t have gotten through that fight tonight. He said, ‘get your jab working, big guy, and throw that right hand down the middle. That’s how the big dogs do it.’

“It was a great fight tonight, as good as any trilogy in history. October 9, 2021, will go down in history, I hope. I always said I was the best in the world and he was the second-best. Don’t ever doubt me. When the chips are down, I will always deliver.”
Parker wasn't just in the dressing room he's currently partying with Fury on the Vegas strip!

https://youtu.be/QauzFKoH99Q
https://fightnews.com/giant-fury-wilder-3-photo-gallery/122132
(10-11-2021, 02:16 AM)Infern0 Wrote: Parker wasn't just in the dressing room he's currently partying with Fury on the Vegas strip!

https://youtu.be/QauzFKoH99Q

Hope JP doesn't pull out of Chisora fight after picking up Covid partying in that pit
Fury: "Wilder is a sore loser."

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/189672/189672
Did Tyson Fury Benefit From A “Long Count?” The Answer Won’t Make A Difference

By: Sean Crose

In 1927, former heavyweight champion Jack Dempsey fought to regain his title from the man who had taken it from him a year earlier, the “Fighting Marine,” Gene Tunney. Although Dempsey was favored to win the fight, Tunney was dominating up until the seventh round, when the former champion sent him to the mat with a flurry of blows. Tunney was hurt – but Dempsey didn’t go a neutral corner. Therefore, the referee held off on starting the count until Dempsey went to a neutral corner and waited. Needless to say, Tunney beat the referee’s count and went on to win the fight by decision.

The problem, of course, was that the referee was supposed to pick up the timekeeper’s count, which began the moment Tunney hit the mat, not begin a count of his own. Ultimately, the referee gave the wounded Tunney extra time to recover – a long count indeed. The question, of course, was whether or not Tunney would have gotten up sooner had the referee picked up on the time keeper’s count. Fighters often intentionally stay down when dropped in order to sensibly get more time to recuperate. And so, because no one can really tell when Tunney could have gotten to his feet, the victory will always be his.

The same could be said for Tyson Fury, who may well have gotten a long count of his own Saturday night when Deontay Wilder put him on the mat for the second time in the fourth round. Fury was receiving the count when referee Russell Mora turned and directed Wilder to a neutral corner (sound familiar?). Mora then turned back to Fury and resumed counting. Needless to say, Fury got back to his feet in time and ended up knocking Wilder out in the eleventh round of a immediately classic heavyweight battle.

I’ve watched the few brief moments in question, both live while it was happening, and later on replay. The truth is, Fury may indeed have been given a long count. But honestly, that doesn’t matter. Why? Because no one knows if Fury would have beaten a faster count. What’s more, the man looked pretty clear headed. Even counting on his own – and rather quickly at that – this author felt the man was up before the count of ten. No matter. Fury got the win, and no video replay will take it from him. It’s good to remind ourselves just how fast and chaotic boxing can be, though. Entire fights, and even careers, can rest on the split second decisions of referees, ring doctors and trainers. That’s always worth keeping in mind.
Tyson Fury: “I Hit Him [Deontay Wilder] With A Crunching Right Hook Upside The Temple, Shots Like That End Careers”

By: Hans Themistode

Leading up to his third, and presumably, final showdown against Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury warned his long-time rival that he would receive a beating like no other.

Originally, the two tangoed on February 22nd, 2020 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. At the time, Wilder was viewed as almost an indomitable force. Having stopped all but one of his opponents, Tyson Fury in their first encounter in 2018, Wilder walked into their second contest as a considerable favorite.

Despite the public backing of oddsmakers, Fury ignored the naysayers and went on to hand Wilder a one-sided stoppage defeat, the first of his career. With the two squaring off once more, this time at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, Fury predicted a more brutal beating.

Although Wilder had plenty of strong moments, one of which includes two knockdowns in the fourth round, Fury ultimately dusted himself off and pounded Wilder throughout. After a nip and tuck first half, Fury dominated down the stretch. With Wilder completely gassed during the championship rounds, Fury uncorked the fight-ending shot in the 11th round.

Before Wilder’s body hit the canvas, referee Russell Mora waved off their contest. An extremely jubilant Fury immediately jumped onto the top ropes and screamed to the jam-packed Las Vegas crowd in excitement.

Given the opportunity to reflect on how things ended, Fury believes the blows he landed on Wilder could force him to step away from the ring for good.

“He was getting tired and fatigued,” said Fury following his victory. “I hit him solid with a crunching right hook right upside the temple. Shots like that end careers.”

Promptly following the win, Fury leaned across the ropes and began saying a prayer. Once it concluded, Fury walked over to the corner of Wilder and attempted to shake his hand. In spite of Fury’s sportsmanlike gesture, Wilder was uninterested in letting bygones be bygones.

Although Fury was hoping that the pair could bury the hatchet and move on, he’s accepted that Wilder’s disdain for him may continue to linger for much longer. Regardless of the post-fight snub, Fury has wished Wilder a speedy recovery.

“I just hope that he’s okay, he took a lot of punishment.”