Fury/Wilder III
Fury-Wilder Final Press Conference

WBC heavyweight world champion Tyson “The Gypsy King” Fury and former heavyweight world champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder were kept far apart at the final press conference Wednesday as they previewed their PPV showdown this Saturday from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Together in person for the first time since originally announcing the trilogy showdown in June, Fury and Wilder exchanged words during the heated press conference, rehashing the numerous dramatic twists and turns that have made up their rivalry, while promising to end their feud in the ring on Saturday.

Tyson Fury: “Wilder is a weak person mentally and I’m going to knock him out on Saturday night. I obliterated him in the rematch and I see much more of the same in the third fight.”

Deontay Wilder: “I don’t have anything to prove. I’m in a great place and in a great state of mind. I have a lot of great people around me. This fight is about redemption, retaliation, and retribution.”

TYSON FURY

“I’ve just been training and taking it day by day. All we can do is live one day at a time. Every day that we wake up is a blessed day.

“All these fights are exactly the same to me. Some guy is trying to take my head off. No matter who it may be, they don’t matter to me. It’s the Tyson Fury road show and it has continued for 13 years.

“Wilder is a weak person mentally and I’m going to knock him out on Saturday night. I obliterated him in the rematch and I see much more of the same in the third fight.

“I’m the last man standing between me, Deontay and Anthony Joshua. I’m the last one undefeated. I’m the two-time heavyweight champion and I’ve never lost a fight. That’s history.

“Me and Sugarhill go back to like 2010 in Detroit. We have a great bond going. To have any successful relationship, you have to have good communication. We’ve got that. We just gel together.

“It’s not easy for me to pick a trainer because I’m outspoken and do outlandish things. I have to have someone on the same wavelength to match that and I’ve definitely found a match with Sugarhill.

“He says he wants to do bad things to me and that he’s got all this anger and aggression. Those who hold hot coals with aggression are the ones who get burned. He knows he’s lost twice and that he’s going to lose the third time.

“He’s in denial and he’s getting knocked out. His legacy is in bits. I knocked him out and now I’m going to retire him.”

DEONTAY WILDER

“I don’t have anything to prove. I’m in a great place and in a great state of mind. I have a lot of great people around me. This fight is about redemption, retaliation and retribution.

“We’ve been going from day one since the last fight. There’s been no stop. The delays have been beneficial for us. One thing about this camp, is that I’ve had all of my brothers around me who’ve been with me from the start.

“Many people thought I was down and out, but it wouldn’t be fair to the people around me to feel that way. My dedication has been focused every day.

“Overtraining is a real thing and we’ve been able to take small breaks at certain times before getting back at it. Everything has been good and timed out perfectly.

“Saturday night is going to be a different fight. It’s rare that we get trilogies like this and I truly believe this one is going down in history.

“It’s only made me better as a man and as a fighter to see certain things that happened in the second fight. It’s made me even hungrier than before. I needed everything that happened in that fight. It was really a blessing in disguise.

“I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your legacy only dies when the desire for the sport dies. I’m well alive right now.

“My energy is like my mind, it’s very violent. I’m just ready to go October 9. I’ve dedicated myself and devoted my time and my body, me and my team, to reinventing myself. I’m ready to reintroduce myself to the world.

“Get ready for war. This is going to be an amazing fight on Saturday night. I’m wearing my red outfit because I want it back in blood. I’m looking forward to it.”

SUGARHILL STEWARD, Fury’s Trainer

“Training Tyson Fury has been just about making him better. He was already an exceptional boxer before I started training him. We fine-tuned those skills and understood some things that he didn’t see. Most importantly, it’s just about being ready. When he’s ready, he’s unstoppable.

“Tyson Fury is very conscious of Deontay’s abilities. We’re just concentrating on being sharp and being focused. There’s always more to learn in boxing and Tyson is learning and having fun with it.

“It’s exciting to be here. I believe in what the Wilder camp has been working on. I’ve looked at the clips. It gets me motivated to keep working with Tyson. We’re expecting nothing less than a knockout.”

MALIK SCOTT, Wilder’s Trainer

“I’m a student of the game. Deontay, in my opinion, ruled the heavyweight division just using one or two weapons. Being in training with him, I used to always say that a lot of his skills weren’t being used. He got content knocking people out with one weapon.

“I went into Deontay’s toolbox and pulled everything out that he did well. I wanted to make sure that we drilled it over and over again. I didn’t teach him anything new. Deontay Wilder can do it all, I just pulled some of those things out of him.

“When it comes to working on Deontay’s fundamentals, he has good fundamentals, he just didn’t always use them. I’m just reminding him about tools that he wasn’t using.”
https://fightnews.com/video-fury-wilder-erupts/121969
https://fightnews.com/fury-wilder-undercard-press-conference/121993#more-121993
https://www.boxing247.com/
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

heavy Tyson Fury 30 0 1
S
Deontay Wilder 42 1 1
World Boxing Council World Heavy Title

heavy Robert Helenius 30 3 0
S
Adam Kownacki 20 1 0

heavy Efe Ajagba 15 0 0
S
Frank Sanchez 18 0 0
World Boxing Council Continental Americas Heavy Title
World Boxing Organisation NABO Heavy Title (supervisor: Craig Hubble)

feather Robeisy Ramirez 7 1 0
S
Orlando Gonzalez Ruiz 17 0 0

super middle Edgar Berlanga 17 0 0
S
Marcelo Esteban Coceres 30 2 1
vacant World Boxing Organisation NABO Super Middle Title (supervisor: Craig Hubble)

super welter Julian Williams 27 2 1
S
Vladimir Hernandez 12 4 0

super light Rances Barthelemy 28 1 1
S
TBA

heavy Jared Anderson 9 0 0
S
Vladimir Tereshkin 22 0 1

heavy Viktor Vykhryst 7 0 0
S
Mike Marshall 6 1 1

feather Bruce Carrington debut
S
Cesar Cantu 3 1 0
I think SKY is doing the two heavyweights before the Fury/Wilder fight and I think one other. Not for sure though.
Live weigh-in:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/fury-vs-wilder-3-stream/187663
Fury heavy and flabby Wilder heavy but looking toned..... result of which means stuff all- weigh in was pointless really.
Only tomorrow counts - especially with Tyson- he could walk out a pub eating a bacon roll and beat most boxers out there. Its all down to his mental side
https://fightnews.com/fury-277-wilder-238/122019
Both heavy. Looks like both going for the KO. I'm predicting a Wilder KO, which is good news for Fury as I'm usually wrong. I just think it might have been a different fight if Fury hadn't burst his eardrum in the second.