Fury/Wilder III
(09-09-2021, 11:17 AM)diehard Wrote: Fury-Wilder heating up again

WBC Heavyweight World Champion Tyson “The Gypsy King” Fury and former longtime heavyweight champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder have restarted their long-running rivalry and stated their intent to finally settle the score when they meet for the third time on PPV October 9 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Tyson Fury: “I’m going to knock Deontay Wilder spark out and it’s going to be even quicker than our last fight. If he couldn’t beat me after three years out of the ring and 10 stone weight loss, he’s never beating me. None of them will. They’re just hyped-up bums. All of them. Wilder, Joshua, Usyk. They’re all bums. Compared to me, they’re no good.”

Deontay Wilder: Hopefully Fury is confident enough to go through with this fight because I’m going to be a reinvented Deontay Wilder on October 9. This training camp has rejuvenated me. It’s refreshed me. The key to victory in this fight is having a violent mind, but approaching it with calmness. I have all the right people around me and we’re looking forward to October 9. I just hope Fury is ready to put on a show for the fans and make history once again.”

I still cant see this one happening. Its only 4 weeks away and ive seen zero hype.
Eddie has asked that if Fury backs out he should be stripped, actually fair call its been 2 years and others have managed to fight through pandemic so thats not an excuse
Eddie should know better than anyone. Heaps of fights have been in the US and UK, and in Eddie's backyard. I believe Fury is in Vegas. BTW, what is the real reason Fury doesn't want to fight Wilder???
I think Fury having covid was a hoax either to cover poor ticket sales - poor preparation (if u believe the sparing rumours) or understandably Furys baby having health issues.
Think Fury was home in UK may be back in LV now
Fury getting spanked by sparring partners?

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/187503/187503
Supposedly, the guy who dropped Fury in sparring, Jared Anderson, is on the undercard. He's no slouch. And I believe it, as Anderson fights primarily out of Vegas, where Fury trained:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/861332
Arum Bullish on Berlanga

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum believes WBA #6, WBO #7 super middleweight Edgar Berlanga (17-0, 16 KOs) could be the one to eventually derail WBC, WBA, WBO super middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez (56-1-2, 38 KOs), but not yet. “I don’t think anybody beats Canelo,” Arum told SkySports. “He’s just that good. Maybe in two years or a year and a half, Berlanga [could].”

Arum said Berlanga will next appear on the October 9 Fury-Wilder undercard, then on December 11 in New York City, and finally invade Puerto Rico early next year. “He is a New Yorker of Puerto Rican origin,” said Arum. “He will fight in Puerto Rico where he is enormously popular.”
https://fightnews.com/see-it-full-deontay-wilder-teleconference/121485
Wilder: I want payback in blood

Former longtime heavyweight world champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder vowed revenge during a virtual press conference Wednesday, as he previewed his highly anticipated heavyweight trilogy grudge match against WBC and lineal heavyweight world champion Tyson “The Gypsy King” Fury taking place October 9 on PPV from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“I want payback in blood,” said Wilder. “On October 9, I will get my revenge. It’s an eye for an eye.”

Here is more of what Wilder had to say Wednesday:

Deontay Wilder
“I feel amazing. It’s past good or great. This time that has passed has been great for me. With the more time that’s passed, the more that we’ve been able to work on different little things and perfect them. You can’t always be perfect, but that doesn’t mean you can’t train to be perfect.

“Malik Scott is a wonderful person and trainer. We met years ago sparring with Tomasz Adamek. We clicked right away and we’ve formed a real bond and brotherhood. I have so much love around me in this camp, that I’m not dwelling on anything negative.

“We’re having fun while learning and creating things together during training camp. That’s just the passion that we have to become two-time heavyweight champion of the world.

“I’m super focused. I’m more focused now than I’ve even been in my entire career. This is the second phase of my career. I had fun winning and defending the title for five years. At this point, we’re just serious about everything. I’m in a happy place and I’m glad that I’m here.

“They say that things happen for a reason and that we don’t understand that reason until we get to a certain place in life, then we understand it. My whole team understands everything that has happened and we’re looking forward.

“The delay was actually a blessing for me. The more they delayed it, the more time we had to work on my craft and art, along with strategically going over the game plan we’re going to have on October 9. It was obviously frustrating, because I was ready to go, and this is the longest I’ve been out of the ring. There’s something about the ring that calls you and draws you back. But I’ve used the time and benefited tremendously.

“I appreciate the love from my true fans. I’ve received so many messages from people of all walks of life. Now we’re back again for redemption and retaliation on October 9. The BombZquad is back.

“This has hands down been the best training camp I’ve had in my entire career. Sometimes you need events to happen in life to bring about changes that you need. We’ve had no distractions and I’m just in a happy state mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.

“You’re looking at a rejuvenated and reinvented Deontay Wilder. The old Deontay is no longer there. I can’t explain it to you, I have to show you on October 9. I’m looking forward to it and I can’t wait.”
PPV for Wilder/Fury III. $40. Great undercard, starting next Sunday at 2PM. Will post more closer to the fight.