Canelo/Saunders. Sunday. DAZN
Starting at Noon Sunday (NZ time), it's the Canelo/Saunders fight.  If you haven't registered for $3 month DAZN, time to do it.
Canelo: I am just focused on winning

Canelo Alvarez (55-1-2, 37 KOs) had the media all to himself on Tuesday at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, the stadium he’ll face Billy Joe Saunders (33-0, 14 KOs) for the WBC, WBA Super and WBO titles on Saturday night live worldwide on DAZN and distributed by TV Azteca in Mexico and Latin America. Saunders was a no-show in protest of the ring size.

“He thinks he’ll give me a boxing lesson?” said Alvarez. “We’ll see. I am not the same guy I was five or six years ago. I have experience, I am a more mature fighter. So he can say whatever he wants, on Saturday night, he is in a different level of fight. I hope that I don’t need the judges on the night.

“We have always been open about what are short- and long-term plans have been. I want to unify the 168lb division, and Caleb Plant would be next in line to secure that short term goal if successful against Billy Joe Saunders

“The goal is to be undisputed at 168lbs and then we’ll see. I think I could stay at Super-Middleweight until the end of my career. I think I have about seven years left until I retire, but I’m listening to my body and when it tells me to quit, I’ll quit

“Nothing frustrates me, I am just focused on winning on Saturday. He has to fight me on Saturday, that has to happen, it’s not a problem.

“I don’t care about anything; I am just going to go in there and do my job. Saunders has come up with other excuses, he’s had plenty of excuses, but I am just going to go in there and do what I have to do.”

“We have faced everyone, lefties, righties, champions, former champions, so to us this is nothing new,” added trainer Eddy Reynoso.
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas, USA
DAZN

super middle Saul Alvarez 55 1 2
S
Billy Joe Saunders 30 0 0
World Boxing Council World Super Middle Title
World Boxing Association Super World Super Middle Title
World Boxing Organisation World Super Middle Title

light fly Elwin Soto 18 1 0
S
Katsunari Takayama 32 8 0
World Boxing Organisation World Light Fly Title

super welter Kieron Conway 16 1 1
S
Souleymane Cissokho 12 0 0
World Boxing Association Inter-Continental Super Welter Title

heavy Frank Sanchez 17 0 0
S
Nagy Aguilera 21 10 0

welter Christian Alan Gomez Duran 19 2 1
S
Xavier Wilson 11 2 1

light Keyshawn Davis 2 0 0
S
Jose Antonio Meza 6 4 0

super light Kelvin Davis 1 0 0
S
Jan Marsalek 8 2 0
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/billy-joe-saunders-tells-hearn-to-put-his-22-foot-ring-in-for-canelo-fight/177903
So now Saunders is saying he won't fight because they've changed the ring size, good on him. You wouldn't be happy if you ordered a half pounder burger and only received a quarter pounder. I think in all honesty he's gonna need a 60ft ring to beat Alvarez though.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/canelo-vs-saunders-john-ryder-possibly-replacement-for-billy-joe/177921
(05-05-2021, 07:17 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: So now Saunders is saying he won't fight because they've changed the ring size, good on him. You wouldn't be happy if you ordered a half pounder burger and only received a quarter pounder. I think in all honesty he's gonna need a 60ft ring to beat Alvarez though.

Surprised there wasnt a thread up for this one earlier. I just watched the face off and BJS is clowning Canelo about Mexican beef. The ring debacle certainly has got everyone talking. Should be a good fight but cant see Saunders winning.
(05-06-2021, 12:47 PM)Beefstew Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 07:17 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: So now Saunders is saying he won't fight because they've changed the ring size, good on him. You wouldn't be happy if you ordered a half pounder burger and only received a quarter pounder. I think in all honesty he's gonna need a 60ft ring to beat Alvarez though.

Surprised there wasnt a thread up for this one earlier. I just watched the face off and BJS is clowning Canelo about Mexican beef. The ring debacle certainly has got everyone talking. Should be a good fight but cant see Saunders winning.

Laziness? Nah, I like to put up what's on the telly less than a week before the fight, so it doesn't get lost in people's memory. Anyway, looks like they are gonna fight.
https://fightnews.com/canelo-sanders-finally-face-off/111323

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/canelo-vs-saunders-the-first-face-off/177973
Canelo-Saunders to fight in 22-foot ring

Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed that the fight between Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders will take place in a 22-foot ring. Hearn stated that Team Saunders originally agreed to a 20-foot ring, but then they reneged and demanded a 22-foot ring. He said he had to go back to Canelo, whom he said signed off immediately. Both John Ryder and Carlos Gongora are on standby just in case there are more hijinx from Saunders.