Canelo/Saunders. Sunday. DAZN
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/canelo-v-bj-saunders-final-dazn-presser-quotes-photos/178094
Billy Joe Saunders vs Canelo Alvarez Fight Lines

Odds courtesy of BetOnline (http://www.BetOnline.ag)

Billy Joe Saunders +520 (26/5)
Canelo Alvarez -700 (1/7)

Method of Victory
Canelo Alvarez by KO, TKO or DQ 10/11
Canelo Alvarez by Decision or Technical Decision 8/5
Billy Joe Saunders by Decision or Technical Decision 11/2
Draw or Technical Draw 20/1
Billy Joe Saunders by KO, TKO or DQ 22/1

Fight Goes the Distance
Yes EVEN (1/1)
No -130 (10/13)

Knockdown Props
Billy Joe Saunders gets knocked down and wins
Yes +1000 (10/1)
No -2000 (1/20)
Billy Joe Saunders gets knocked down -170 (10/17)
Billy Joe Saunders does not get knocked down +140 (7/5)
Canelo Alvarez gets knocked down and wins
Yes +500 (5/1)
No -800 (1/8)
Canelo Alvarez does not get knocked down -700 (1/7)
Canelo Alvarez gets knocked down +450 (9/2)
Both boxers do not get knocked down -1000 (1/10)
Both boxers get knocked down +550 (11/2)
Either boxer to get knocked down -220 (5/11)
No Knockdowns +180 (9/5)

Billy Joe Saunders vs Canelo Alvarez Round Props
Billy Joe Saunders Round 1 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 10 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 11 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 12 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 2 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 3 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 4 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 5 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 6 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 7 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 8 100/1
Billy Joe Saunders Round 9 100/1

Canelo Alvarez – Round Betting
Canelo Alvarez Round 8 10/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 9 10/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 10 12/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 7 12/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 11 14/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 6 14/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 12 18/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 5 18/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 4 22/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 3 28/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 2 33/1
Canelo Alvarez Round 1 40/1

Round Group Betting
Canelo Alvarez in Round 7 to 9 7/2
Canelo Alvarez in Round 10 to 12 4/1
Billy Joe Saunders by Decision or Technical Decision 21/4
Canelo Alvarez in Round 4 to 6 11/2
Canelo Alvarez in Round 1 to 3 12/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 1 to 3 66/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 10 to 12 66/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 4 to 6 66/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 7 to 9 66/1

Round Group Betting
Canelo Alvarez in Round 7 to 8 11/2
Canelo Alvarez in Round 9 to 10 13/2
Canelo Alvarez in Round 5 to 6 15/2
Canelo Alvarez in Round 11 to 12 8/1
Canelo Alvarez in Round 3 to 4 10/1
Canelo Alvarez in Round 1 to 2 20/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 1 to 2 50/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 11 to 12 50/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 3 to 4 50/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 5 to 6 50/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 7 to 8 50/1
Billy Joe Saunders in Round 9 to 10 50/1
Canelo-Saunders Final Press Conference

The final press conference took place today ahead of the super middleweight unification showdown between Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders on Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, live worldwide on DAZN and TV Azteca.

Canelo Alvarez: “I feel really thankful with the response of the people and that boxing is a sport that brings everything back to normal. I’m ready for this fight. He’s a great fighter, he has a lot of ability and he’s a southpaw. I’m not the same fighter I was six or seven years ago, this Saturday I will show that. I’ve been involved in a lot of big fights and this is just another day at the office. I come to win, like I said boxing is my life and I come here to win.”

Billy Joe Saunders: “I don’t think we’ve had somebody come to win for a very long time. We’ve had a lot of people turn up, collect checks and fly out but we haven’t had the heart, soul and IQ that I’ll bring to the ring on Saturday night to win.
“I can’t talk what he’s done down, he’s done brilliant things for boxing. He’s a good champion but like I said, there’s a time in life where you get tested, sometimes when you forget where come from and forget all those hard things that’s brought you to where you’re at sometimes that can make it difficult on yourself. I think he’s going to be bumping into the wrong man Saturday night to be going home with titles. I’m looking forward to a very good fight but most definitely the win.

“I think I’ve been up against the crowds before; I’ve traveled as an amateur to the Olympics game at 18, there’s no bigger pressure on someone’s shoulders when they’re stepping in front of millions of people there.

“There’s added pressure coming for both of us for this fight because both of us don’t want to go home the loser. At the end of the day, half the Mexican people like him, half don’t, so hopefully half that don’t like him will be supporting the Gypsy boy, we’ll get it rocking and rolling. This is for all the Gypsies back home, everyone in the UK, plus half the Mexicans, get behind me.”

Eddy Reynoso: “It’ll be a great fight, two of the best middleweight fighters in the world in front of 70,000 people – especially after the pandemic. It gives me a lot of joy and honor to be there as a Mexican in the ring. He’s a great fighter, he’s a two-time champion for a reason. He has a good trainer, he knows how to defend, he moves around really well. We know it’s going to be a good fight on and off the ring.”

Tom Saunders: “He’s been boxing since he was five years old, his amateur pedigree is second to none. Everything is there and we’re ready for the job. This is what we’ve been waiting for, he’s trained all his life for it. We’ve left no stone unturned and on fight night you’re going to see something special. There’s only one winner, that’s Billy Joe Saunders.”

Elwin Soto: “I’m very happy for this opportunity, he’s a really good fighter and we’re going to come out here and try to do a good job. It’s a great emotion inside, it’s a great opportunity that was given to be and I have to take advantage. I’m very happy inside. I want to come out victorious this Saturday and after that maybe think about unify at 108 pounds and continue to move forward.”

Katsunari Takayama: “First of all, thank you for giving me this great opportunity. On Saturday, I look forward to giving back the title from two different divisions. Soto is a very angry and aggressive fighter, very strong punches. I’m ready to fight on Saturday.”
https://fightnews.com/canelo-saunders-soto-takayama-make-weight/111581

https://www.boxing247.com/
https://fightnews.com/the-calm-before-the-storm/111677
Canelo-Saunders Undercard Results

By Jeff Zimmerman at ringside

Welterweight Xavier Wilson (11-3-1, 1 KOs) out of San Antonio, TX battled Christian Alan Gomez Duran (20-2-1, 18 KOs) hailing from Guadalajara, MX at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX under Canelo-Saunders. Duran, fighting his second fight in the states in a row after all previous fights in his native Mexico, scored the TKO victory at 2:19 of round two of the scheduled eight. Duran landed a short, left hook after missing with the right and put Wilson on the canvas. Wilson staggered to his feet; however, referee Rosario Solis didn’t like how he responded and waived it off as Duran earned the twentieth win of his career.

In the opening bout at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, under the mega Canelo-Saunders super middleweight unification, super lightweight Kelvin Davis (2-0, 1 KO) fighting out of Norfolk, VA, faced Jan Marsalek (8-3, 7 KOs) from the Czech Republic in a scheduled four rounder. Kelvin, the older brother of blue-chip prospect Keyshawn, also fighting on the card, used his length and reach to keep the awkward Marsalek on the outside most of the fight, as he punctuated round one with big left hands to the face and right hooks to the body. In round two, Davis decided to work inside, which worked to the advantage of the stalky Marsalek.

The southpaw Davis, though, got caught in the final round as Marsalek landed a right hand on the jaw of Davis and sent him to the canvas with 30 seconds left in the fight. Davis survived and escaped Texas with scores of 38-37 from all three judges. The fight was shown live on Before the Bell on DAZN and Matchroom Boxing’s YouTube page.
DAZN starts at Noon in NZ. Main event at 3PM. Warriors at 4PM. Good day for entertainment.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/canelo-vs-saunders-live-stream/177960
Canelo-Saunders Undercard Results

By Jeff Zimmerman at ringside

In the opening bout of the DAZN broadcast from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, under the Canelo-Saunders super middleweight unification showdown, unbeaten WBO #6, WBA #14, WBC #14 heavyweight Frank “The Cuban Flash” Sanchez (18-0, 13 KOs) went toe-to-toe with veteran Nagy Aguilera (21-11, 14 KOs) over six foul laden rounds of the scheduled ten and retained his WBC Continental Americas title with a technical decision.

Sanchez came out the aggressor and backed Aguilera into the corner and dropped a big right hand that got Aguilera’s attention. But it wasn’t until round three when things got heated and was a precursor of things to come. Aguilera complained to referee Rueben Perez about a rabbit punch and looked his way and Sanchez unloaded a powerful right to the face of Aguilera. Aguilera ate a few more punches, before he fired back some of his own in return. Aguilera still frustrated, intentionally head-butted Sanchez. Sanchez landed another hard right with Aguilera against the ropes midway through the round.

In round five, Sanchez went back the jab and kept Aguilera at the end of it most of the round. However, in round six, the fight got out of control, as an overhand right by Sanchez landed to the side of Aguilera’s head and slightly around his neck. As the referee went to warn Sanchez for a second time throwing a rabbit punch, Aguilera flopped to the canvas in apparent agony and the doctor entered the ring to check his status. The replay, however, did not show a clear foul that would that put Aguilera down in that fashion. After several minutes of confusion, the fight was halted by referee Perez.

It went to the scorecards since four rounds were completed and the official ruling was an accidental foul by Sanchez. All three judges scored it 60-54 for Sanchez as he earned the technical decision at 1:42 of round six. He remained unbeaten and retained his WBC Continental Americas title. The fans inside the stadium loudly booed every time the screens panned on Aguilera and cheered Sanchez. Aguilera berated the referee in the ring as the conclusion of the fight was being determined.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/boxing-2021-nagy-aguilera-vs-frank-sanchez-result-video-highlights/news-story/ac7fa0e36e4d63f92063ef4a7ac24184