Gallen/Browne tonite. Free.
Gallen: I said I’d knock him out in one

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

“I said to myself all day and to my team that I’d knock him out in the first round,” said unbeaten heavyweight Paul Gallen (11-0-1, 6 KOs) who demolished former WBA heavyweight champion Lucas “Big Daddy” Browne (29-3, 25 KOs) on Wednesday night.

“It’s amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it. I tore my bicep ten weeks out from the fight so it’s amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

“It’s part of boxing part of the promotion, me and Lucas genuinely meant it but when you talk to the bloke away from the cameras he’s not such a bad guy, which pains me to say now.

“I’m sure we’ll probably have a beer together one day but I’m really happy with that performance. To prove it to yourself and do against a guy like that, I’m very happy.”
What does that say about the state of heavyweight boxing In Australia?

SMH
Browne has looked terrible for a couple of years even in the lower level fights in oz he has had.
Gal has had a dream run of opponents - he has selected well, names that are no longer a threat.
The worse thing for Gal is his money fight with SBW not likely as Sonny won't want that smoke.
Like to see Gal v Messam in a cross code bash
'I was really scared': Paul Gallen's stunning post-fight admission after stopping Lucas Browne
Tim Elbra

SKY SPORT
Former NRL star Paul Gallen makes short work of Lucas Browne, knocking his heavyweight rival out in the first round.
Paul Gallen has made the remarkable admission that he was scared before fighting Lucas Browne – as he was before games throughout his rugby league career.

Gallen played more than 400 elite-level league matches and was in his 12th pro boxing bout against Browne, a far bigger man boasting 25 professional knockouts.

While fearless is an easy adjective to use for the NRL legend, courageous seems more accurate; Gallen has learned to master his fear and dispatched Browne in a stunning first-round TKO in Wollongong on Wednesday night.

As a former WBA heavyweight world champion, Browne was a big step up for Gallen's boxing career, as ex-UFC destroyer Mark Hunt was in his previous fight. Gallen beat them both to improve his record to 11-0-1 (6 KOs), despite having misgivings about both fights.

"I remember saying at the time, 'That's too big a fight, that's too big a fight'," Gallen told Main Event after beating Browne.

Former NRL star Paul Gallen throws his final punch in his stunning first-round TKO defeat of Lucas Browne in Wollongong.
"The when the Hunt option came out, they all told me, 'Do it, do it, do it – you don't understand how good you can be'. So I did that and got through that, then obviously this option came up.

"And I was pretty fearful tonight, I'm not the toughest guy in the world who doesn't get scared. I was really scared, even though how hard I trained."

Gallen said that he had relied on his old methods for overcoming fear; trusting in his meticulous preparation, which for the Browne fight meant an 11-week camp.

"I do it the same way as in rugby league. I was always scared before a footy game, always," Gallen said.

Lucas Browne had no answer to Paul Gallen’s aggression as the veteran slugger was blasted out in the opening frame.
"But I reverted back to what I've done, the preparation that I've done, and when I prepare well, I can do anything. I know I can do anything. My mum always told me when I was a kid, you can do anything you set your mind to.

"I did that in rugby league and now I'm doing it in boxing. I'm not sitting here saying I'm the most talented fighter in Australia because I'm not, but there's no way anyone's going to beat me on effort and I'm happy to have a crack at whoever comes my way if the bottom line's right."

Lucas Browne falls through the ropes after being knocked down by Paul Gallen before a raucous crowd in Wollongong.
That may be Australian champion Justis Huni, the young superstar who will represent Australia at the Olympics later this year.

"If the money's right, I'll fight him. I'm not against anything, I've said that from day one. If the money's there, I'll fight him," Gallen said.

"He's going to represent Australia later in the year and if we fight before that, I'm happy to do it, I'm not against it. But Dean [Lonergan, Huni's promoter] – show me the cash, baby. Give me the money."

It has been speculated that Gallen could make A$1 million (NZ$1.08 million) fighting Huni, though it would represent another huge leap in class, with the young heavyweight tipped as a possible future world champion.
[quote='Nigs' pid='27227' dateline='1619049206']

1 Demsey McKean
30 18 0 0 southpaw Ipswich, Australia
2 Paul Gallen 3.332
39 11 0 1 orthodox Cronulla, Australia
3 Lucas Browne 2.599
42 29 3 0 orthodox Perth, Australia
4 Justis Huni 2.509
22 3 0 0 orthodox Brisbane, Australia
5 Faiga Opelu 2.506
27 14 2 1 orthodox Camira, Australia
6 Joseph Goodall 1.021
28 7 0 1 orthodox Brisbane, Australia
7 Arsene Fosso* .757
37 3 1 0 Canberra, Australia
8 Christian Ndzie Tsoye .533
31 5 3 2 orthodox Melbourne, Australia
9 Willis Meehan* .532
25 11 0 0 southpaw Sydney, Australia
10 Herman Ene Purcell .500
26 17 9 0 orthodox Toowoomba, Australia
11 Kris Terzievski* .215
9 1 1 southpaw Melbourne, Australia
12 Elijah Tevaga Sa'lesui* .101
23 6 1 0 orthodox Ingleburn, Australia
13 Jamie Porter* .090
38 10 6 0 orthodox Ashmore, Australia
14 Teremoana Jnr .057
23 1 0 0 orthodox Brisbane, Australia
15 Danny Rio .055
29 5 3 2 orthodox Sydney, Australia
16 Hunter Sam .038
36 11 16 3 orthodox Brisbane, Australia
17 Patrick Thunder .028
30 1 6 1 Gosford, Australia
18 Brett Jeffery .020
5 2 0 Cairns, Australia
19 John Hopoate .012
46 12 7 0 orthodox Sydney, Australia
20 Jack Maris .011
2 1 0 Australia
21 Isaac Slade .011
32 2 6 2 orthodox Kallangur, Australia
22 Barry Hall .007
44 0 0 1 Broadford, Australia
23 Mark Hunt .007
47 0 2 1 orthodox Newcastle, Australia
24 Drew Jackson .006
2 1 0 Grafton, Australia
25 Hector Tapueluelu .003
29 1 2 1 southpaw Campbelltown, Australia
26 Jacob Snowden .002
36 6 2 0 orthodox Belmont, Australia
27 Robert Ferguson .001
34 2 7 1 orthodox Rochedale South, Australia
28 Tommy Smith .001
1 0 0 Australia
29 Shant Nercessian .001
1 4 1 orthodox Forster, Australia
30 Jeff King* .000
1 4 4 Penrith, Australia
31 David Tuliloa* .000
2 2 0 orthodox Penrith, Australia
32 Stuart Stokes* .000
44 0 14 2 orthodox Hobart, Australia
33 Wade Hatch .000
34 1 3 1 Sydney, Australia
34 Darcy Lussick .000
31 1 0 0 Sydney, Australia
35 Justin Hodges .000
38 2 1 0 Brisbane, Australia
36 Hayden Wright* .000
35 2 13 0 orthodox Perth, Australia
37 Lewis Clarke* .000
1 0 0 Perth, Australia
38 Daniel Butcher .000
38 1 2 0 orthodox Perth, Australia
39 Webster Teaupa .000
26 0 1 0 orthodox Ingleburn, Australia
40 Marvin Feterika .000
2 0 1 southpaw Melbourne, Australia
41 David Leard* .000
0 1 0 Newcastle, Australia
42 Daniel Dempsey .000
0 1 0 Fernvale, Australia
43 Danny Isaako .000
35 0 1 0 orthodox Campbelltown, Australia
44 Gurpal Singh .000
0 2 0 Australia
45 Adam Fenton* .000
0 1 0 Melbourne, Australia
Dempsey McLean is world ranked - in saying that I have never seen him fight or know anything of him.
Huni has had few fights and has big rep. I pretty sure Gal won't fight any of those 2 anytime soon.
I suppose NZ we have JP- Fa and Hemi but don't know anything else.
Hemi looked very ave v long so just JP and fa at World level
Dempsey McLean is pretty bad. Ranked WBO #12.

1. Oleksandr Usyk
2. Joe Joyce
3. Joseph Parker
4. Deontay Wilder
5. Andy Ruiz, Jr
6. Frank Sanchez Faure
7. Michael Hunter
8. Zhilei Zhang
9. Evgeny Romanov
10. Daniel Dubois
11. Fillip Hrgovic
12. Demsey McKean
13. Agit Kabayel
14. Ali Eren Demirezen
15. Tony Yoka
Demsey McKean is definitely still a work in progress. Struggled past Jonathan Rice in his last fight which isn't a great sign but I do think he can be better than what he showed that night. He's far from the next world champ though.
He's the natural fight for Fa but probably not the $$$ to make it happen in this part of the world as neither as a massive profile. The average Aussie sports fan would have no idea who Demsey is.
I always thought he would be a guy who takes a big fight, cashes in and is never seen again.
Maybe that's against Justice Huni after the Olympics