Tim Tszyu v Dennis Hogan
What Dennis Hogan said to Tim Tszyu after copping five-round beatdown from star
By Tim Elbra

That was Dennis Hogan's humbling admission to Tim Tszyu after the Irishman copped a five-round TKO beatdown from the Aussie superstar in Newcastle.

While he fired plenty of verbal shots pre-fight, Hogan paid tribute to Tszyu as the pair embraced in the ring on Wednesday night, with the Australian 26-year-old having sent a message to the boxing world.

"It was very respectful," Tszyu said post-fight. "He just said: 'The hype is real'."

Tszyu's manager Glen Jennings added: "He said that to me, too, and it's a wonderful little statement.

"I won't use the language but Dennis said, 'Yeah, the hype is real'. He was very respectful."

Hogan inflicted a cut to Tszyu's left eye but otherwise, it was a one-sided fight in which the Aussie brutalised the Irishman, going especially hard on his body. Hogan's corner threw in the towel to save him needless damage.

Tszyu, the WBO's No.1 super-welterweight contender, joined a decorated list of fighters to have toppled Hogan. The Irishman's last defeat came against American star Jermall Charlo, fighting for the WBC world middleweight title.

Prior to that, he lost to Mexican fighter Jaime Munguia, in a bout for the WBO super-welterweight title. In 2016, he lost to German Jack Culcay while fighting for the WBA interim super-welterweight world title. He dropped to 28-4-1 (seven KOs) with his loss to Tszyu.

"I'm not satisfied," Tszyu said. "I want to be a global boxing star.

"That's my goal. It's always been my goal and I need those big guys. We're at that stage where I do believe I can compete with the big boys.

"Charlo got rid of Hogan in seven [rounds]. I do it in five. So my pace was a bit more quicker than Charlo's. I want an international fight. I want to be recognised globally."

Tszyu (18-0, 14 KOs) is hoping to fight WBO super-welterweight world champion Brian Castano, though the Argentinian is chasing a unification bout against Jermell Charlo; Jermall Charlo's identical twin brother, who is the current IBF, WBA, WBC and The Ring super-welterweight champion.
(03-31-2021, 10:54 PM)diehard Wrote: Just got your message.  Excellent.  I usually look, but just assumed from your message that SKY wasn't covering it.  Anyway, I'm recording it for viewing tomorrow.  Many thanks!
I checked multiple times, including late Tuesday night and it wasn't there. I sent a text to a mate who is incredibly unreliable as a human but when you can  get hold of him he is good with streaming and he sent back a photo of him watching on Sky. Was a late night/early morning but for free boxing it was well worth it. 
You did it! Excellent find. I figured that with no NZ fighter it wasn't going to happen on SKY. I wuz wrong. SKY can surprise you. Did you like the fight? Tszyu gets hit too much, and he better improve that part of his game against the belt holders. But man, he can fight!
Tszyu: We aren’t in a rush for a world title shot

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Both WBO #1 rated light middleweight Tim Tszyu and his manager Glen Jennings commented on Tszyu’s impressive win over world-rated Kevin Hogan, as well as his future plans.

Tim Tszyu: “I thought he would last a bit longer. I slowly started picking it up. It was a mixture of body and head punches. The headshot dropped him. He was feeling every shot and going downhill. It was just a matter of time.

“You break people down physically and mentally when you attack the body. I did it with Jeff Horn. I have a lot of different punches in my arsenal. I was happy with the result. I wasn’t worried about the cut eye that was from a head clash in round two. I couldn’t care less about that. This is boxing not dancing.

“The crowd was insane. Not many boxers get to experience such an atmosphere. Round one I was a bit too excited. But in rounds two and three I was able to slow it down. Not rush and pick my shots.

“We aren’t in a rush for a world title shot but I know that I can compete with the big boys. It took Charlo seven rounds to stop Hogan and I did it in five. I want international fights and be recognized globally. I want the big names. I’m not satisfied yet. My dad was undisputed champion for ten years. What have I done? Give me a few years. I have a long way to go. I spoke to my dad tonight. He was pretty happy. He was on a television channel in Russia. I could tell he was happy.”

Glen Jennings, Tszyu’s Manager: “In a perfect world, we would love the straps. We aren’t concerned about any of the big names. Tim once again has shown – though plenty will say- we are not at the right level. He keeps winning. They know overseas where Timmy is at.

“The next stage for us is to plant him over there and show his style to the American market. Very quickly Tim Tszyu’s name will be on the world stage. If it ends up Charlo and Castano having it out and Charlo wins – Timmy will be mandatory for Charlo. That will be a unification bout for all the straps. It’s a political game. We will see where it all falls. We will stay busy regardless. We will be working from tomorrow on securing his next fight. Our plan will be to look at some quality international opponents and going forward we will do our best to bring those opponents to Australia

“We don’t necessarily want to go to the USA and fight in an empty studio. We will be moving onward and upward. Everything is on the open market for us. We are going to see how the dominoes fall. Tim has proven once again tonight he is a special athlete. He is 18 and 0. The numbers tell the story.”