Okolie/Glowacki. Free. Sunday Morning
Yep, it's on Channel 50, SKY SPORT SELECT.  8AM-12:30PM.  Free.  This will be Sunday morning, NZ time.
Wembley Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
media United Kingdom SKY, DAZN

cruiser Lawrence Okolie 15 0 0
S
Krzysztof Glowacki 31 2 0
vacant World Boxing Organisation World Cruiser Title

cruiser Chris Billam-Smith 11 1 0
S
Vasil Ducar 9 3 1
vacant World Boxing Association Continental Cruiser Title

super welter Anthony Fowler 13 1 0
S
Jorge Fortea 21 2 1
World Boxing Association International Super Welter Title

super feather Joe Cordina 11 0 0
S
Faroukh Kourbanov 17 2 0

middle Bradley Rea 9 0 0
S
Lee Cutler 7 0 0

feather Ramla Ali 1 0 0
S
Bec Connolly 3 8 0

feather Ellie Scotney 1 0 0
S
Mailys Gangloff 4 1 0 pro boxing
Glowacki: I will beat him up

Cruiserweight Krzysztof Glowacki says there are weaknesses in Lawrence Okolie’s game and has promised to take ‘his’ WBO world title back home with him to Poland after he beats the unbeaten Englishman at the SSE Arena, Wembley this Saturday.

Glowacki (31-2, 19 KOs) climbed off the canvas to score an eleventh round knockout over Germany’s Marco Huck to claim the WBO crown in 2015 before widely outpointing America’s Steve Cunningham at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn in his first defense.

‘Glowka’, who is trained by Fiodor Łapin, was originally scheduled to face former Team GB star ‘The Sauce’ on December 12, however, the week prior to the fight, Glowacki tested positive for COVID-19.

The 34-year-old former interim belt holder, who suffered a controversial stoppage loss to Mairis Briedis in Riga last time out, has since been given a clean bill of health and is chomping at the bit for his ring return following a 21-month hiatus.

“I’m very happy I can finally fight after such a long layoff,” said Glowacki. “I was absolutely devastated when I found out I was Covid positive, but every cloud has a silver lining. Now I feel better than in December. When I came back to training after Covid, I had some stamina issues, but everything is OK now. I feel pumped up and ready.

“I’m hugely motivated for this fight. I’m going to have a great opponent in front of me who has big ambitions of his own. I heard Okolie had some plans to unify, but he has to beat me and it’s not going to happen. I will retrieve my belt and I will bring it back to Poland. I will become WBO world champion for the third time in my career, there is no other option.

“Okolie is unbeaten, he’s big and he’s strong. He has long arms and a huge reach, but I’ve noticed some weaknesses that you will see on the night. I’m ready for this fight and I’m ready to beat him. You will see on Saturday how I will beat him up. I’ve had a lot of sparring partners who were tall and uncomfortable.

“The support I receive from the Polish people will always motivate me. It’s a shame that they cannot support me in person because a lot of people would have turned out to support me in London, but instead they will be cheering me on in front of their televisions. I’ll bring the belt home for them.”
Okolie-Glowacki make weight

Lawrence Okolie 199.4 vs. Krzystof Glowacki 195.8
(WBO cruiserweight title)

Joe Cordina 132.4 vs. Faroukh Kourbanov 130.5
Anthony Fowler 153.8 vs. Jorge Fortea 152.5
Ellie Scotney 122.8 vs. Mailys Gangloff 118.8
Chris Billam-Smith 199 vs. Vasil Ducar 198.5
Ramla Ali 126.3 vs. Bec Connolly 126.4
Bradley Rea 159 vs. Lee Cutler 158.3

Venue: SSE Arena, London, England
Promoter: Matchroom
TV: DAZN, Sky Sports
Not really sure what to expect here, glowacki has only lost to the tippy top and Okolie is unproven, but glowacki hasn't fought in 2 years and had Covid I think.who knows in this one.
Love watching Okolie with his long reach.   Will be interesting to see him in there with tough competition, and Glowacki is as tough as they come:  https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/470367

Okolie:  https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/789060
(03-20-2021, 03:36 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Not really sure what to expect here, glowacki has only lost to the tippy top and Okolie is unproven, but glowacki hasn't fought in 2 years and had Covid I think.who knows in this one.
I can't see anything but a convincing Okolie win, the bookies have him 1/5 too, 2 years is far too long not to fight. I'm not sure he can use covid as an excuse, I had it, the best way to describe it is a weak flu. If it didn't affect a 46 year old builder, I reckon a fit athlete should be fine, unless he's bought into all the bollox though.
Yuck, can't stand Okolie with all the holding he gets away with. Sadly, I think he wins here too but he's a horrible wrestler, I mean boxer to watch.

Go Glowacki!
I'm picking Glowacki to win...
(03-21-2021, 09:43 AM)bart Wrote: I'm picking Glowacki to win...

Yes, take the odds and be away laughing...all the way to the bank.