RIP Ron Foley
Ron Foley, aka Shamrock, died last week.  He was a frequent poster on here and we'll miss his cheeky contrary commentary.  Please feel free to post any stories or comments on this thread.  He will be missed.
Here is an interview, complete with picture of Ron in 2013:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/auckland-city-harbour-news/9346225/In-the-blue-corner
AHH geez thats upsetting, really enjoyed his banter and our Irish connection.
RIP mate
This is sad news, rest in peace champ.
Loved his hatred towards Joseph Parker and Duco haha.

RIP.
Sham and I had our disagreements

But he will be greatly missed.

Very sad to hear this news.

Prayers and condolences to his family during this time....
Sham didn't believe half of what he said. He was a stirrer--and a great forum sparring partner. At his request, I visited his son when I was on the Sunshine Coast years ago, as he had a gym there. He was one of the few amateurs who beat Tua, and according to Sham, they talk about it with David when they get together. He also trained Tua's nephew when Sham had his gym in panmure. Said he was a special talent.

I'll miss Sham heaps. He was one of the good ones. We've been friends for 20 years.
Wow that's really sad. Best wishes to his family in this difficult time.
Wow, completely missed this. Very sad indeed. Great guy who gave his life to this sport. Leaves a serious legacy as has touched the lives of many you kids coming through the amateur ranks. I bet there would be some epic stories come out at and after the funeral. RIP