Garcia/Campbell Sunday. DAZN
Alvarado stops Kriel, retains IBF title

By Jeff Zimmerman at ringside

IBF light flyweight champion Felix Alvarado (36-2, 31 KOs) scored a tenth round TKO over former IBF 105lb champ DeeJay Kriel (16-2-1, 8 KOs) on Saturday night at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Alvarado dropped Kriel in round two, then battered him from pillar to post. Kriel was down again in round four. Kriel outworked Alvarado during the middle rounds, but Alvarado nearly got the stoppage in round nine. Finally waved off in round ten after more punishment. Time was 1:39.
Couple of cracking fights so far, these Alvarado's are great to watch. £1.99 a month Die, worth the fee already even without the main event.
Fights like that restore my faith in judges, all 3 had Alvarado ahead by a round and then Guiterrez drops him in the twelfth so a 10-8 round and wins unanimously 113-112. Brilliant, brilliant fight.
I agree. Brilliant fight. The kd in the last nite sealed it.
Gutierrez beats Alvarado, seizes WBA 130lb title

In an upset, Roger “The Kid” Gutierrez (25-3-1, 20 KOs) dethroned WBA super featherweight champion Rene “Gemelo” Alvarado (32-8, 21 KOs) Roger Gutierrez (24-3-1, 20 KOs) by twelve round unanimous decision on Saturday night at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Gutierrez dropped Alvarado twice in round three, but let him off the hook. Alvarado fought his way back into the fight, but was floored again in round twelve. Scores were 113-112 3x, so Gutierrez needed that final round knockdown.

The bout was a rematch, as Alvarado previously scored a KO8 over Gutierrez back in July 2017.
Come on Lukey boy.....
Another cracking fight, Garcia might be the real deal. Heavy knockdown in the 2nd but Garcia boxed beautifully, brilliant body shot to finish it.
Kingry KOs Campbell, wins WBC interim belt

Unbeaten lightweight Ryan “Kingry” Garcia (21-0, 18 KOs) scored a spectacular seventh round knockout against 2012 Olympic gold medalist Luke Campbell (20-4, 16 KOs) to claim the vacant WBC interim lightweight title on Saturday night at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Campbell floored Garcia with a big overhand left to the jaw, but Kingry recovered well. Garcia rocked Campbell at the end of round five. Campbell turned his back and was saved by the bell. The end came in round seven when Garcia put Campbell down for the count with a hook to the liver. Time was 1:58.

“My performance definitely showed a lot of people who I really am,” said Ryan Garcia. “Going into this fight I wanted to show people that you are not what people call you. You are what you choose to be. I chose to be a champion tonight. I didn’t let anything stop me from being a champion tonight. Even when he dropped me, I knew that couldn’t stop me from being champion.”

Promoter Oscar De La Hoya added, “This is the kind of fight where superstars are made. Down on the mat early for the first time in his career, Ryan got up, rallied, broke down his man and got the knockout. Everyone in the lightweight division should consider themselves on notice. 2021 will be the year of Ryan García.”
Enjoyed that fight, thought Campbell was on to something- timing Garcia well not usuing too much energy.
Garcia often threw the kitchen sink and I thought he may punch himself out especially with the head shots that Campbell seemed pretty well prepared for. I thought Garcia slightly hurt campbell with a right to the bod seconds before that then the last punch was thrown with bad intentions... looked bloody painful.
I think it showed Garcia needs a few more Luke Campbells before the big guns...my thoughts anyhow
I was waiting for Campbell to time him again and counter Garcia's flurry of punches with another straight left. Never happened again. Didn't think Garcia would punch himself out as get caught again.

I agree, more Campbell's are needed before he faces Loma or Lopez. Campbell covers up so well to the face, the liver punch was there all night. Finally happened. Surprised more fighters don't do it, as it has more devastating results than head shots.