AJ/Pulev Sunday
(12-13-2020, 11:42 AM)Infern0 Wrote: I hope okolie does early business

You got your wish, polish guy had heart. Over matched though.
Polish guy fought hard for sure
He had a funky little dance when he got caught.
WBA, IBF, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (24-1, 22 KOs) scored a spectacular ninth round knockout against IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev (28-2, 14 KOs) on Saturday night before 1,000 socially distanced fans at the SSE Arena outside London. After two slow rounds, 8:1 favorite Joshua dropped Pulev twice in round three. AJ was content to outbox Pulev in rounds four thru eight, he then dropped Pulev again in round nine. Pulev beat the count, but Joshua connected with a big right hand to put him down for the count. Time was 2:58.
After the fight, Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn took aim at a 2021 fight against WBC champ Tyson Fury.
Pulev is mud. Put Hemi in there with him! I thought it was target practice for AJ. Pulev has a nice one-two but was mainly stationary, no creativity, and not much offense. Is tough, with a chin on him, but that's about it.

For the most part, a boring fight.
Okolie destroys Jezewski, H. Fury tops Wach

In a clash between unbeaten cruiserweights, Lawrence Okolie (15-0, 12 KOs) quickly demolished late sub Nikodem Jezewski (19-1-1, 9 KOs) on Saturday night in the Joshua-Pulev co-feature at the SSE Arena outside London. Okolie dropped Jezewski twice in round one and finished him with another knockdown in round two. Time was 1:45. Okolie won the WBO International title.

Heavyweight Hughie Fury (25-3, 14 KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over Mariusz Wach (36-7, 19 KOs). Fury was cut over the left eye in a round four head clash, but ground down the 39-year-old Wach as the bout progressed. Scores were 100-90, 100-90, 99-91. Hughie is WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury’s cousin.

Heavyweight Martin Bakole (16-1, 12 KOs) scored a ten round unanimous decision over Sergey Kuzmin (15-2, 11 KOs) to claim the vacant WBC International title. Scores were 98-92, 97-93, 96-94.

Super welterweight Kieron Conway (16-1-1, 3 KOs) took a one-sided ten round unanimous decision over late stand-in Macaulay McGowan (14-2-1, 3 KOs) by scores of 100-90, 100-89, 100-89. Conway was originally slated to fight Souleymane Cissokho.

Welterweight Florian Marku (7-0-1, 5 KOs) and Jamie Stewart (2-0-1, 0 KOs) battled to an eight round draw. Stewart on the canvas in round two, but managed to get a 76-76 referee’s verdict.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2020/12/boxing-anthony-joshua-decimares-kubrat-pulev-to-retain-wba-wbo-and-ibf-heavyweight-titles.html
I only saw first 4 rounds then highlights after that but looked a pretty polished performance by AJ- Pulev never looked like he had the power to cause many problems or the repertoire outside of a jab to worry AJ.
The real fights for AJ remain T Furey and Deontay (yip I think wilder stills scares him with that right hand)
I kept thinking, "hurry up and start so Bart could see the fight." When he almost had Pulev outta there in the 3rd, I thoujght, "Bart will be all right now." Not to be.

Pulev offered little. Amazing he's only lost two fights in his career, Klit and AJ. He is tough though.
(12-13-2020, 09:40 PM)diehard Wrote: I kept thinking, "hurry up and start so Bart could see the fight."  When he almost had Pulev outta there in the 3rd, I thoujght, "Bart will be all right now."  Not to be.

Pulev offered little.  Amazing he's only lost two fights in his career, Klit and AJ.  He is tough though.

HAHA yeah my son had a soccer match and I was still watching and he was sitting in the car waiting getting pissed off at me lol
Pulev would have more losses I feel if he had fought consistently strong opponents. I would favour JP to beat him and Joyce - Dubois etc
He was game though but not enough tools- my brother txt me this morning whether he should put a few quid on Pulev- I said nah Pulev is tailor made for AJ - You need movent and quick counter punching  (Ruiz 1) to trouble AJ.
Furey brings size movement and high skills
Deontay brings fear factor ( I believe AJ doesn't fancy it)
Other than that only poss Luis Ortiz