Crawford/Brook.SKY.Free. Sunday.
Arum called it right, "A disgrace":

Franco retains WBA title by phantom headbutt

WBA super flyweight champion Joshua “El Profesor” Franco (17-1-2, 8 KOs) controversially retained his belt against former champion Andrew “The Monster” Moloney (21-1, 14 KOs) by no-decision on Saturday night inside “The Bubble” at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Moloney started punching non-stop from the opening bell. By round two, Franco’s right eye was closed. It was decided that Franco could not continue in round three. Referee Russell Mora ruled that Franco’s eye was closed by a headbutt. Officials reviewed replay footage for nearly 30 minutes and finally determined that they found the headbutt that caused the swelling. ESPN announcers repeatedly reviewed the same tape and couldn’t find the headbutt.

Andrew Moloney: “They took this away from me. The injury was caused by a punch. I can’t believe this. I was in control of the fight and on my way to a clear victory. I deserved this win. I landed 50 punches on that eye. It was not even close.”

Bob Arum: “This is an absolute disgrace. There was no headbutt. Andrew Moloney should be the new champion.”

Franco’s promoter Oscar de la Hoya (via Twitter): “The effects of the head butt are already there and any punch will just swell it some more.”

Messages In This Thread
Crawford/Brook.SKY.Free. Sunday. - diehard - 11-13-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: Crawford/Brook.SKY.Free. Sunday. - diehard - 11-15-2020, 08:05 PM