Shane Cameron Fight Nite Tonite
Yep, Shane Cameron is having a NZ boxing event from 7:30-11PM on SKY SPORT Channel 52.  That's tonite, Friday.
Friday 16, October 2020
North Shore Event Centre, North Shore, New Zealand

Jerome Pascua 7 3 0
S
Francis Waitai 2 0 0
pro boxing

heavy Semisi Kalu 3 0 2
S
Andrew Kelemete 0 1 0
pro boxing

Joshua Francis 8 1 1
S
Lio Lio debut
pro boxing
Counterpunch Fight Night
Eventfinda Stadium, Silverfield & Argus Place Entrances, Wairau Valley, Auckland

Friday 16 October 2020 6:30pm – 11:00pm

Counterpunch Fight Night

When:
Fri 16 Oct 2020, 6:30pm–11:00pm
Where:Eventfinda Stadium, Silverfield & Argus Place Entrances, Wairau Valley, Auckland
Restrictions:All Ages
Ticket Information:
General Admission: $53.25 ($50.00 + $3.25 fees)
http://www.shanecameron.co.nz
Listed by:Counterpunch
Join Us for An Exciting Night of Professional and Corporate Boxing!

Joshua Francis Vs Lio Lio
Jerome Pascua Vs Francis Waitai
Semisi Kalu Vs Andrew Kelemete

CORPORATES:

Hemi Tahuri
Gareth Clements
Fred Woodthorpe
Mel Jameson
Daena Hughes
Rex Funaki
Misi Finau
Raphael Cruz
Mike Cope
Cameron Holm
Clayton Halliday
Tom Potter
Bishara Nasir
Aaron Gillespie
Harry Grewal

Under 18's may attend with an adult.

CORPORATE TABLES AVAILABLE:

Gold VIP tables: $2,200 +GST
* Second row table for 10 VIP guests
* Drinks package
* 2 course dinner served to the table
* VIP host service

Silver VIP tables: $1,500 +GST
* 3rd row table for 10 VIP guests
* Drinks package
* 2 course dinner served to the table
* VIP host service

Platinum Ringside: SOLD OUT

To book a table contact 021856857 counterpunch@shanecameron.co.nz
I don't caare about any of the fighters or fights, but did want to support Shane and NZ boxing. Anybody know why there's only three fight???

And, as above, it is being televised.
I think Shane Cameron's probably got contract obligations with skysports to fulfill, the NZ fight calenders is pretty full up at the moment and with such a small pool of pro boxers I guess it's just a case of better than nothing, and let's face it, it is. Interestingly both Kalu(drawing) and Waitai(winning) both fought last weekend.
I'm in England so won't be able to see this, if you do watch this mate it'd be great if you let me how Waitai looks. He was a good amateur.
Will do craig.  I'll either watch it tonite or tomorrow, as Mrs D is taping it for me.  https://boxrec.com/en/amateurboxer/852675
Didn't realise there were 6-7 corporate fights before the pros. Not bad for a slow Friday nite. Loved seeing Lt Dan. Used to work fights with him back in the day.
Craig, Waitai won a split decision in a very close fight. I think it was the right decision. The fighters were evenly matched. Both southpaws. Waitai was the more accurate fighter, which I think won him the fight. Both fighters threw punches n bunches. Waitai just has no power. He'll do well in NZ only, and will even be a top fighter here, but he's going nowhere. He needs to measure his punches better before attacking, and add power. He gets hit too much. The other fighter could have easily won that fight.

The guy to pay attention to is Joshua Francis. Great boxing skill and power. Unfortunately, he was put in there with a guy making his debut. Very bad match-making Shane. Francis won by a first round KO. Francis is now 9-1.
(10-17-2020, 01:40 PM)diehard Wrote: Craig, Waitai won a split decision in a very close fight.  I think it was the right decision.  The fighters were evenly matched.  Both southpaws.  Waitai was the more accurate fighter, which I think won him the fight.  Both fighters threw punches n bunches.  Waitai just has no power.  He'll do well in NZ only, and will even be a top fighter here, but he's going nowhere.  He needs to measure his punches better before attacking, and add power.  He gets hit too much.  The other fighter could have easily won that fight.

The guy to pay attention to is Joshua Francis.  Great boxing skill and power.  Unfortunately, he was put in there with a guy making his debut.  Very bad match-making Shane.  Francis won by a first round KO.  Francis is now 9-1.

Thanks for the report mate, much appreciated.