Loma/Lopez this weekend
eofimo Lopez Shocks Lomachenko in Style, Wins Decision To Unify 135
By BoxingScene

MGM Grand Conference Center, Las Vegas - In a showdown for the WBC franchise, WBA, WBO, IBF lightweight titles, Teofimo Lopez (16-0, 12 KOs) put on a masterclass performance to win a twelve round unanimous decision over Vasiliy Lomachenko (14-2, 10 KOs)

The scores were 116-112, 119-109 and 117-111.

Lopez was coming forward as the contest started, looking to take the lead early. He was getting the jab going. Lomachenko was get a read for his opponent and not doing too much. Lopez was going to the body to slow down the movement of Lomachenko.

Lopez was jabbing early in the second and landing well with his power shots to the head and especially to the body. Lomachenko began to get his hands going at the end of the second to land punches that got Lopez's attention. Lopez continued to do very well in the third, as he was outlanding Lomachenko and pressing the action.

In the fourth, Lopez continued to keep Lomachenko at bay with his jab and shots to the body. The fifth was more of the same, with very few punches thrown by Lomachenko, and Lopez hitting the body and pressing the action. The sixth round was a little closer, with Lopez closing strong with two big punches.

Lomachenko was starting to take more chances to get in offense during the seventh, but Lopez was still in control. During the eight, Lomachenko began to get his hands going and was starting to land some punches. They were trading during a moment, but Lopez withstood the rally and began to come back at the end. In the ninth, Lomachenko continued to rally and he turned up his output. Lopez continued to fire back when necessary.

The tenth was more for the Lomachenko rally, as his activity turned up and he was able to outland Lopez. In the eleventh, it was pretty much all Lomachenko - until the final thirty seconds when Lopez was blasting away to his body.

During the twelfth, Lopez was unloading hard punches on Lomachenko and appeared to have him in some trouble during the final seconds before a brief time was called to check on a cut on Lopez from a clash of heads.
Lopez too big and strong, his hand speed also up there.
Loma tried to wear him out giving away first 6 rounds and prob thought he had Lopez in trouble later but Lopez came again.
It was comprehensive but scorecards were massive
Did you see the fight bart? I couldn't find it, and decided stuff it, I'll just watch the AB's. I love Lopez, but figured a top technical boxer would beat a KO artist any day. Especially one who's boxing skills are the best in the world. I wuz wrong. Did Loma move up in weight, and encountered a bigger and stronger opponent? I thought Loma has always been at 135...anyway, looking forward to seeing it on youtube.
Yes I watched it
Lopez surprised me was too strong really
I think Loma may have underestimated him badly
I think you're right. No way Loma loses a decision to an awkward, inexperienced KO artist. I would have thought Loma would have decisioned him by a wide margin, if not stopped him. With the thought that Lopez may catch him at some point. But for Loma to get outboxed? Blasphemy!
Here's the full fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX9ci7NAPT0
Guess he did step up in weight:

Who Now For Vasyl Lomachenko?
October 18, 2020

Before he did what he said he was going to do and defeat Vasyl Lomachenko, Teofimo Lopez also stated how he would “send Lomachenko back down to the 130 or 126-pound weight class.” Lomachenko might not want to hear this right now, disagreeing with last night's unanimous decision that went Lopez' way, yet in time he may see that Lopez is indeed correct. Down at 126, 130, Lomachenko had his way with his opponents (aside from Orlando Salido, who came in overweight in what was just Loma's second pro fight), whereas up at 135, Lomachenko showed signs of vulnerability.

Before he did what he said he was going to do and defeat Vasyl Lomachenko, Teofimo Lopez also stated how he would “send Lomachenko back down to the 130 or 126-pound weight class.” Lomachenko might not want to hear this right now, disagreeing with last night’s unanimous decision that went Lopez’ way, yet in time he may see that Lopez is indeed correct. Down at 126, 130, Lomachenko had his way with his opponents (aside from Orlando Salido, who came in overweight in what was just Loma’s second pro fight), whereas up at 135, Lomachenko showed signs of vulnerability.

It seems a return to one of the divisions he previously conquered is an obvious move for Lomachenko. There could be some big fights for the 32-year-old in either division and maybe Lomachenko would get back to doing that which he is most accustomed to doing: winning. It’s unlikely there will be a rematch between Lopez and Lomachenko (there was no rematch clause in the contract but this aside, will Lopez even stay at the weight?) but Lomachenko may decide to stay at 135 and look to win his belts back against who knows who if Lopez does move up and vacates the belts.

But all signs point to a drop down in weight for Lomachenko. At this point, it’s far too early for Loma to make any decision in what he will do next, but if he does continue fighting as a 135 pounder, Lomachenko will always be giving away natural weight. And against elite lightweights such as Lopez, this is just too much. Even for as special a fighter as Loma.

The current champions at 126 pounds are Josh Warrington (IBF), Gary Russell Jr (WBC – Russell being a man Loma has already beaten) and Emanuel Navarrete (WBO). Would Lomachenko be a favorite to defeat either champion?

At 130, the current champions are Miguel Berchelt (WBC), Joseph Diaz Jr (IBF) and Jamel Herring (WBO). How would Lomachenko do against either of these three guys? I don’t know about you, but I’d love to see Lomachenko face the winner of the upcoming Berchelt-Oscar Valdez fight.

But Lomachenko needs time to decide what his next move will be. But it really does seem as though it should be a move down in weight.
Just saw the fight. I didn't think that the major problem was Lopez' size as much as Loma giving away the first 6 rounds. There is movement, and there is deciding just not to engage. Loma was pathetic. The last 6 rounds were competitive, and anybody's rounds. If I were Loma, I would insist on a rematch, and decide to fight for the full 12 rounds. Despite the size difference, Loma was able to tag him with his superior speed.
I think he was wary of Lopez power early doors and wanted to wear him down via movement. Lopez didn't fall into his trap and was happy to jab and rack up points.
Lopez showed maturity I didn't credit him with.
There was no way I expected him to out wit Loma
well played young fella
Think you're right. But for 6 rounds? Now that's being cautious. I became a Lopez fan after the Commey fight.