Parker vs Fa
Fai - I like the bit where you said this sad fight made Auckland go back into Level 3.

That is the kind of thinking we need around here. Clear-headed.

This is why you need to hang around, Fai. To share the insights we missed.
Yeah fai, hang around. I remember Sham tried to make up with you, as in "come on Fai, let's be friends. Let's quit sniping with each other. Fai goes, 'no Sham, I am what I am,' or something like that. Pure Gold. Sham didn't know how to take it. Ah, the stories...
(02-28-2021, 07:32 PM)Msreef Wrote: I got the feeling from the post fight interview that Barry was pretty unhappy with JP's performance.. I dunno....I do wonder if the issue isn't all Barry. Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Parker has said several times after fights that he didn't implement the things he'd been working on in the gym/sparring. Many times I've heard Barry screaming at JP from the corner to do simple things - double up the jab etc...but Parker often just seems to ignore him.

KB used to do the same to Tua. And Tua ignored him too.
Parker may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. I hate to say it.

Maybe he finds it hard to adapt?
Not smart, not stupid. An average Joe.
Yep - and a reminder:

He did take AJ the distance and the Whyte fight should have been a draw.

Add all that up and we should not give up yet. The Chisora fight will be interesting....
(03-01-2021, 09:26 AM)Kiwi Wrote: Yep - and a reminder:

Add all that up and we should not give up yet. The Chisora fight will be interesting....

He barely threw a punch in anger against AJ, that fight was more of stinker than last night's, and although he had a brilliant last round against Whyte and could of forced the stoppage he lost clearly. 
Parker is Parker. He's stayed the same for 5 years or so now. Limited power. Speed good. Average skills. How he's done this well is beyond me.
(03-01-2021, 09:43 AM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 09:26 AM)Kiwi Wrote: Yep - and a reminder:

He barely threw a punch in anger against AJ, that fight was more of stinker than last night's, and although he had a brilliant last round against Whyte and could of forced the stoppage he lost clearly. 

I really want to see a Whyte rematch. Parker has Whyte's number imo, easily dominated him those first two rounds. The headbutt completely changed the game.
Yes - but he does have something special. Great chin, great speed - and some real power at times.

I see that he has really built his strength in arms and shoulders lately.

If he can get his accuracy back to how it was, he really could do some damage.

Chisora fight will tell us a lot.