Parker vs Fa
This was written by Steve Kilgallon, who used to come on here a bit.  This is a great article, and talks about the ins and outs of negotiations between our very own markk and Mr Higgins:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/300126200/the-art-of-the-deal-how-the-joseph-parker-v-junior-fa-fight-came-about
I believe Parker needs to beat Fa so he can get his WBO ranking up again.

Then he will be eligible to fight Usyk for the vacant WBO heavyweight title
Whether a win will leap frog Dubois will probably also depend on DD v JJ result.
But obviously a win especially a comprehensive win helps., especially as I reckon AJ will bin the WBO belt rather than face Usyk.
If Usyk beats Chisora.... which is likely but not 100%.... the twists and turns of the HW div.
Also if Fury drops his belt ( a rumour but prob not likely)Wilder may fight for it again...
(10-14-2020, 04:50 PM)bart Wrote: Whether a win will leap frog Dubois will probably also depend on DD v JJ result.
But obviously a win especially a comprehensive win helps., especially as I reckon AJ will bin the WBO belt rather than face Usyk.
If Usyk beats Chisora.... which is likely but not 100%.... the twists and turns of the HW div.
Also if Fury drops his belt ( a rumour but prob not likely)Wilder may fight for it again...

What's all this talk about Fury fighting somebody in December. Is the Fury/Wilder III fight not on?
Sounds like its off as Wilder wanted to extend it to next year but Fury wanted dec.
So Fury will fight a donkey in dec as a turn over fight poss Agit Kabayel, he bt Chisora not long ago- unbeaten good mover but limited power
Hey guys haven't been around much as Parkers career last 12 months hasn't interested me. However this domestic clash certainly does.

I see it like this, if average versions of both show up, Parker wins a decision that'll be hotly debated after the fight.

If average Parker turns up and on fire Jr turns up then Jr can change his life.

I don't belive there is anything in Parkers repertoire that will shock Jr after their 4 amateur fights, he knows about the handspeed.

Jr however in a pro ring can impose himself physically, I belive he needs to study Fury vs Wilder 2.

I'm really rooting for Jr and I hope he gets a fair shake, he's a good kid who didn't get the hype Parker did, I would love to see him do it.
(10-14-2020, 05:25 PM)diehard Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 04:50 PM)bart Wrote: Whether a win will leap frog Dubois will probably also depend on DD v JJ result.

What's all this talk about Fury fighting somebody in December.  Is the Fury/Wilder III fight not on?

Wilder had a certain amount of time to set the 3rd fight but hasn't and the time limited expired voiding the rematch clause. Wilder is STILL silent on it. 

Fury is having a tick over fight in December before planning his next move, its likely we see a Fury vs AJ face to face after they both fight in december
(10-14-2020, 09:12 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Hey guys haven't been around much as Parkers career last 12 months hasn't interested me. However this domestic clash certainly does.

I see it like this, if average versions of both show up, Parker wins a decision that'll be hotly debated after the fight.

I don't belive there is anything in Parkers repertoire that will shock Jr after their 4 amateur fights, he knows about the handspeed.

Jr however in a pro ring can impose himself physically, I belive he needs to study Fury vs Wilder 2.

I'm really rooting for Jr and I hope he gets a fair shake, he's a good kid who didn't get the hype Parker did, I would love to see him do it.

Yes Fa seems like a nice bloke as does JP, the thing is I don't see Fa being a threat in the top 10- JP I believe can be. Just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong.
(10-14-2020, 10:31 PM)bart Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 09:12 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Hey guys haven't been around much as Parkers career last 12 months hasn't interested me. However this domestic clash certainly does.

Yes Fa seems like a nice bloke as does JP, the thing is I don't see Fa being a threat in the top 10- JP I believe can be. Just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong.

I don't think we've seen the best of Fa, time will tell 
I think Parker literally dances rings around Fa.

The question is if Parker gets impatient to finish him.

Needs to take Fa into Rnds 6, 7, 8 - then nail him