Parker vs Fa
Kiwi, I think that Parker has one fight left with Hearn.  The Fa fight isn't part of it.  He's been with Arum in some sideline, promotion capacity for PPV.  But you're right, if Hearn isn't gonna match him with Usyk, why bother with Hearn?

In other news, what's the issue with Parker/Hemi?  Why doesn't Mr Higgins want the fight?  Surely, there have been less talented fights that Mr Higgins has promoted than Hemi.  Alex Flores comes to mind.  I know he doesn't fear him.  And there's not much else out there with Covid.  After being inactive for so long, that would be two fights for Joe in three months (December with Hemi) and March with Fa.  Assuming he beats Hemi of course.
(11-28-2020, 03:28 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Is Parker better off with DUCO as promoter, rather than Hearn?

Could be.

And they need to make a big decision on that sooner rather than later

hearn is the promoter and duco is management. its just that hearn/duco are doing a promotion with eddies blessing in covid
(11-28-2020, 03:47 PM)diehard Wrote: Kiwi, I think that Parker has one fight left with Hearn.  The Fa fight isn't part of it.  He's been with Arum in some sideline, promotion capacity for PPV.  But you're right, if Hearn isn't gonna match him with Usyk, why bother with Hearn?

In other news, what's the issue with Parker/Hemi?  Why doesn't Mr Higgins want the fight?  Surely, there have been less talented fights that Mr Higgins has promoted than Hemi.  Alex Flores comes to mind.  I know he doesn't fear him.  And there's not much else out there with Covid.  After being inactive for so long, that would be two fights for Joe in three months (December with Hemi) and March with Fa.  Assuming he beats Hemi of course.

thats what we reckon. seems like a no brainer. but hemi my be too much risk and not enough reward.
Thanks markk, but while I have you on the line, what is the reason Mr Higgins gives for Joe not fighting Hemi???
Now that Joyce has won the WBO Internat title

It will be crucial for Parker to see if Joyce lands above or below him in the WBO rankings
Kiwi, Joyce is ranked 11th in the WBO. Hearn has gotta put Parker/Usyk on. Joyce is awful. The headline on fightnews says that he knocked out Dubois. Yeah, with an ordinary jab where Dubois took a knee, and then quit. I had Dubois winning this fight. So did the commentators. Believe me, Dubois didn't fade later in the fight. His eye closed up and he quit. He was never hit hard. All the hard shots came from Dubois. Here's the bullshit story:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joyce-forces-dubois-to-quit-on-a-knee-in-the-10th/165376
Broke an orbital bone apparently
People saying he quit but pain would have been pretty bad and vision gone... live to fight another day
Parker should retain 2nd spot on WBO behind Usyk.

That way he should get the title fight
wonder could a JJv JP elimaintor be on the cards
Winner fights Usyk for vacant title title
(11-29-2020, 04:42 PM)bart Wrote: wonder could a JJv JP elimaintor be on the cards
Winner fights Usyk for vacant title title

Maybe. Hearn is a bit stuck, with Joyce, at WBO #11 winning.