Benavidez vs Angula Sunday
Benavidez dominates Angulo, remains unbeaten

Undefeated former WBC super middleweight world champion David “El Bandera Roja” Benavidez (23-0, 20 KOs), who lost his title yesterday on the scale, scored a tenth round TKO over former world title challenger Alexis Angulo (26-2, 22 KOs) on Saturday night at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. After ten rounds of one-sided punishment, Angulo’s corner stopped the fight.
“I rate myself a solid eight,” Benavidez said. “I could have done some stuff better, but overall it was a great performance. I didn’t want to go too fast and leave myself exposed for some big shots. He’s a heavy puncher. But like I said, I like to do the stuff that nobody has ever done. Nobody has ever stopped him and I’m pretty sure nobody is ever going to make him look like that again. I demolished him from round one to round 10.”

Benavidez said he was disappointed and embarrassed by not making the 168-pound weight limit on Friday. “Everything everyone said about me is true,” Benavidez said. “I should be a professional and come in on weight, but this time I couldn’t do it. It’s my first time not making weight in eight years of being a professional.”

“I really have to talk to my promoter to see what’s next,” Benavidez added. “I’ll fight anybody to get back to the spot I was. You could see by this performance tonight, I could put on a great performance against anybody and people will pay to see that. I’m probably going to go right back into training camp to make sure I don’t miss weight.”

Messages In This Thread
Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-14-2020, 08:44 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-15-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-15-2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-15-2020, 03:51 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-16-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-16-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-17-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: Benavidez vs Angula Sunday - diehard - 08-17-2020, 07:58 PM