Wilder/Fury Sunday on SKY Sunday
Mrs D took me to a play down the road from the sports bar, and it went too long, and I saw the fight just as it ended. Damn, but it sounded like Wilder made an excuse that his leg wasn't right going into the fight, and then he got hit in the ear and it messed up his balance. Can't wait to see the fight on youtube.
Wilder v Fury: 'Gypsy King' dethrones 'Bronze Bomber' with seventh-round stoppage

Tyson Fury has claimed the WBC Heavyweight title off Deontay Wilder with a TKO win in the seventh round as Wilder's camp threw in the towel with 1:21 left in the round.

A clean right hand to the ear of Wilder was enough to drop the American, it triggered a stream of blood to pour from his ear which seemed to mess with his balance as he was never able to recover.

The 'Bronze Bomber' suffered a suspected burst eardrum from the punch, he threw a big right hand in the first round but after that, he had nothing else as Fury executed a near-perfect game plan to cramp Wilder of any space.
Wilder, with a bloody mouth, went down again midway through the fifth round when Fury landed a left hook to the torso.
The result has handed Wilder (42-1-1) his first career loss and has left Fury (30-0-1) unbeaten.
"I just wish my camp let me go out on my own shield, I'm a Warrior," Wilder said.
"My leg was already wrecked coming in due to other things." He added.
There's a 30-day re-match clause, which means Wilder has a little over four weeks to decide if he wants a re-match or not.
Fury expressed himself post-fight with just 10 words.
"The King has returned to the top of the throne." Fury said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vN-92SLMQ

Just saw the fight in its entirety at the above youtube link. Looked to me like Fury could take Wilder's punches and Wilder was hurt by nearly every punch that Fury threw. Fury made him fight, and was far superior in his skill. Also leaned on him and zapped Wilder's energy. Wonder if there will be a third fight?
Not keen on a third one, although no doubt it is already in the works. Would rather see Fury v Joshua if he gets past Pulev (which he should do, although we thought that he would comfortably get past Ruiz first time as well).
I can't see AJ fighting Fury any time soon.
not interested in a 3rd. Fury won both fights in my opinion.

AJ vs Fury needs to me made asap (provided AJ gets past Pulev)

That is the only fight that makes sense which = $$$$ right now.
Here ya' go Nigs:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/119747853/calls-for-instant-tyson-fury-v-anthony-joshua-heavyweight-unification-fight
And this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/119750282/deontay-wilders-trainer-reveals-he-didnt-want-to-throw-in-towel-against-tyson-fury
Deontay Wilder's trainer claims 'heavy' ring walk costume could have caused Tyson Fury defeat
13:22, Feb 24 2020

Deontay Wilder's camp have blamed his glamorous pre-fight costume as a possible reason for his sluggish display against Tyson Fury in their much-anticipated rematch in Las Vegas.

Wilder was defeated by Fury with a seventh-round TKO, as blood streamed from his left ear and mouth.

The 'Bronze Bomber' was far from the normally devastating form that prior to the bout against the 'Gypsy King' made him an undefeated boxing champion.

Another Wilder trainer Jay Deas speculated after the fight that the $40,000 designer walk-out outfit worn by the boxer - which resembled Lord of the Rings villain 'Sauron' but was actually an homage to Black History Month in the States - may have had an impact on his performance.

Tyson Fury was carried to the ring on a makeshift throne.
The head-to-toe Cosmo and Donato-designed costume included a mask with red glowing eyes, a crown, and full body armour.

"His legs didn't look great to me early on. I didn't think his legs look like they normally look," Deas told Boxing Social.

"I know he came to the ring in the outfit, which was very heavy. I don't know if that had to do with it.
@Chewy9991

Lmao wow i thought i read all the excuses on twitter then i saw this interview with Wilders trainer Jay Deas, this man really out here blaming Wilders entrance outfit for being to heavy ??????????? #WilderFury #furyvswilder2 #WilderFury2

"Tyson's a lot of weight to be putting on you as well.

"I don't know all the answers yet but once I see the film, I'll know more."

Wilder has arrived to the ring in past fights wearing a jewel-encrusted mask and crown, but for the Fury fight, Wilder took the concept to a whole new level.

His interest in masked entrances began when he was once visiting New Orleans and bought one from a shop, and ever since then, he has walked out to the ring wearing them, with each design more elaborate than the last.

Wilder has said the masked entrance helps him channel his alter ego, the 'Bronze Bomber'.

"Spending money on these costumes and stuff, whether it's [$10K to $40K], I know they're going to turn to millions. It's gonna be 10 million, 40 million, after I get finished, because of the things I've done in boxing and the way I was able to do it in," Wilder told TMZ before the Fury bout.

The loss to Fury was Wilder's first defeat in 44 fights.

"Even the greatest have lost and come back,″ Wilder said.

"I make no excuses. This is what big-time boxing is all about."

- NINE'S Wide World of Sports
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/deontay-wilder-needs-to-be-rebuilt-before-facing-tyson-fury-again-max-kellerman/144851