Crawford/Mean Machine on SKY this Weekend
Takeover: Lopez destroys Commey for IBF 135lb title

Unbeaten Teofimo Lopez (15-0, 12 KOs) accomplished the first stage of his lightweight division “takeover” with a two round annihilation of IBF lightweight champion Richard Commey (29-3, 26 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. After a slow round one, Lopez floored Commey with a straight right hand that landed flush on the jaw. A reeling Commey beat the count, but Lopez jumped all over him and got the referee’s stoppage with a brutal follow-up barrage. Time was 1:13.

“I’m at a loss for words right now. This a dream come true,” said Teofimo. “{Commey} is a bad man. His shot could’ve done the same to me if he hit me with that shot…you all know who I want to fight next. 2020 is going to be a big year. ‘The Takeover’ has arrived, and you haven’t seen anything yet.”

WBA, WBC, WBO lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko, who was watching at ringside, stated “We want to ‘unificate’ all four titles…now he’s a world champion and now he’s in position to fight me.”

A showdown between Lopez and Lomachenko is in the works for April.
Two great fights for the title. Conley fight wasn't bad either.

The Lopez/Commey fight was all action. Either guy coulda knocked the other one out. On the KO punch, Lopez got there first as both guys threw right hands at the same time. Kinda reminded me of the Cameron/Barrett fight from yesteryear.

In the main event, Crawford lost the first three rounds, and got tagged off and on throughout the fight. What a chin! In the end, Bud was just too good.
Loma/Lopez in April:

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-lomachenko-teofimo-lopez-come-together-up-next--145158
Not sure that Lopez at this stage of his career is going to be a real test for Loma but he certainly impressed against Commey, who is a very good fighter.

Kavaliauskis I think surprised a lot of critics with his performance in the main event and he certainly gave Crawford a bit to think about early on. But when Crawford stepped it up there was only going to be one outcome. Watching him fight reminds me of a cat playing with a mouse - he has all the skills and is content to bide his time and put on a show for the viewers, knowing that he can end it at any time of his choosing.