Out of custody, heavyweight Ike Ibeabuchi plans comeback at 43
Tua's prison was internal. And he was never the same after Ike.
His first loss.

Yep

Hope Joseph can handle that when it comes....
any image of Ike over there? because if he is in very good form i remember how he was when he knocked Chris Bird out in his last fight.... He was all muscles.......he supported 12 rounds with the best Tua.... wowww.... so i would like to see an image of him after of prisión.....
(01-01-2016, 10:19 PM)diehard Wrote: Well, when Duva had him he was world champ material. Then he left Duva, got fat, lazy, and un-motivated. KB said that Tua told him that KB wanted the title more than he did.

No one was in his corner more than I was during until he retired. I don't see him as a nice, humble man now. I know people that he took advantage of, didn't pay his debts to what he owed them, and was generally not very nice when he came to Opunake with Monty. I think there's the image, and there's the reality.

I do wish him well. He should have been world champ.

Die, care to explain how he was not nice when he came to opunake?
When his fighter, Monty lost, he didn't even console him, just stayed on his stool as Monty was crying.  Once Monty left the ring, Tua went to have his photos taken and ignored Monty.  Monty fought his heart out, and got stopped.

With me, after the fight, I introduced myself (I've met Tua before), told him I used to run his website, and that I was sorry that his fighter lost.  He mumbled something under his breath and kept walking.

I was helping with the promotion, getting the fighters from the changing room and taking them to the ring.  I was very polite to David, letting him know how far away Monty's fight was so that he'd be ready when it was his time to be introduced.
I was in Montys coned that night, as I have been for his last 5 fights. And I know that some of this isn't true.

I don't know what was said to you die, but I know he was trying to get back to the changing room to check on monty.

We had people come in after the fight for photos etc and as we left and not one person was turned down. I have never seen him say no to an autograph or photo.

no ones perfect. We all have floors. But like I said, I was there. And didn't see any of this going on
Hmmm. This may not be a very productive discussion methinks.

At least Joe Parker is on the up and up.

I gave up on NZ boxing for awhile... But glad to be back.

-Kiwi
Well, I was at ringside. I'm just telling you what I saw and experienced. After the fight, he was being photographed with some of the fans at the fight. I didn't see him talk to Monty once after the fight. I felt sorry for Monty. A number of friends of mine at the fight felt, and saw, what I saw. They told me that he was more concerned with his image than his fighter.

I agree with you, Tua does not turn down autographs or photo shots. He was very available for the fans at the fight. Back in the day, I interviewed him several times for ESB, and he couldn't have been more available and nicer to me.

But you were asking me what went on in Opunake. Even if you have a different version, I know how he snubbed me when I was trying to be nice to him after his fighter lost. A kind word would have sufficed.
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/exclusive-ike-ibeabuchi-speaks-331956#more-331956
Still looks like a beast, needs a fight ASAP