Out of custody, heavyweight Ike Ibeabuchi plans comeback at 43
It the end of the day hes a very nice Humble man and hes doing good things in his Gym at Onehunga its always been about the people for Tua and i admire him greatly for that but at the same time would of liked to have seen him put more Effort into his Fighting Career.
Well, when Duva had him he was world champ material. Then he left Duva, got fat, lazy, and un-motivated. KB said that Tua told him that KB wanted the title more than he did.

No one was in his corner more than I was during until he retired. I don't see him as a nice, humble man now. I know people that he took advantage of, didn't pay his debts to what he owed them, and was generally not very nice when he came to Opunake with Monty. I think there's the image, and there's the reality.

I do wish him well. He should have been world champ.
I too was a huge fan of Tua

Such a waste. Maybe one of the worst the sport has seen in recent times...

Parker looks the goods to me...
As someone who ran his website for many years, I can say he was a huge disappointment. NEVER contributed to the website in any way, although his wife Robina defended him until she too left.

Yeah, Parker is the opposite of Tua. Motivated, humble, committed, and listens to his corner. And in shape! Who knows how he'll go when faced with top ten guys. But I'm looking forward to finding out!
http://thaboxingvoice.com/andy-ruiz-off-of-january-16th-top-rank-card-on-unimas/55589?var=no%20thaboxingvoice/JlPd%20(Tha%20Boxing%20Voice)

Because he's setting up for the Ike fight?
Understand your frustration Die, and Dave is a complicated man. You did put a lot of time and effort in to promoting him and backing him for what feels like little reward. However, I'm sure he appreciates every bit of support he got back then, and now.
Daves doing alright and in time will come round and put back in what he was given by the public. Its sometimes hard to give back when youre bitter and cheated. But he'll come round.
Bitter and cheated?

All he needed to do was fight more for the 10 years he mostly wasted.

He would have a lot more to show for it today.
You're a good friend for Dave to have, Dannyboy. I wish him well, but at the end of the day, you have to look at yourself and not blame others for your own doing. And make amends.
I think he's definitely going through that Die... will take a while to get through it though. But he will give back, its what he wants to do.
Think about this very sad fact. If Tua had gone to JAIL for the last 15 years and got out yesterday - he would be sought-after and wanted for fights everywhere.

Might actually be better off. Makes me sad.

-Kiwi