Wilder/Ortiz on SKY this Sunday
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/wilder-vs-ortiz-2-on-fox-sports-programming-lineup/131222
My wife taped the "Fight Camp" for me, which is Wilder and Ortiz training on Sky Sport. Loved it. No sparring, but shows them training. Wilder uses scuba diving and water resistance as part of his training. Ortiz hates training and dieting, but does it. He looks good two weeks out, according to the training camp date. Interesting that he uses the cooling (ice?) chamber to take the lactic acid out of his system and help him recover from his aches and pains. Wonder if Fa uses it?

Anyway, it's in three parts. Have seen the first two, and will look at the third one shortly.
(11-23-2019, 01:28 PM)diehard Wrote: Great weight for Ortiz.  Shows he's been training hard.  Last time out, he gassed when he couldn't get the KO and got KO'D himself.

I guess at the bottom when it says PPV, that that's the fights were getting.  Although it's only 4 fights in 5 hours.  Seems a little bit light.  With Eddie Hearn and Matchroom, he has about 10 fights or so in 5 hours.

Wilder-Ortiz II is $74.99 in the US so comparatively speaking we are getting it for a bargain at $34.95! 
Yep, stay away from Parker and $50 a pop and we get good fights at a reasonable rate. Just saw Part 3, and Ortiz looks ready. At 6-1 odds, I'd put a quiet $20 on Ortiz. Of course, when Ruiz was 35-1 against AJ, I didn't do it. I was 20 metres away from the TAB at my gym, and didn't do it. Even Mrs D said I should have done it.
Weigh-in. Both guys look good. It's 3.23 minutes long:

https://fightnews.com/
(11-23-2019, 08:11 PM)diehard Wrote: Weigh-in.  Both guys look good.  It's 3.23 minutes long:

Nery missed weight so that fight is off.
(11-23-2019, 08:50 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 08:11 PM)diehard Wrote: Weigh-in.  Both guys look good.  It's 3.23 minutes long:

Nery missed weight so that fight is off.

Officially off?  That's weird, he only had to lose one pound in two hours.  Ceja had to lose 4 pounds, so I thought he'd be the one to lose his fight at the scales.

Here we go:  Update: Neither Luis Nery or Julio Ceja made weight. The Nery-Rodriguez WBC eliminator was subsequently canceled!
LAS VEGAS – Jose Manuel Gomez started off the Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz undercard with a knockout Saturday.

Gomez, a super featherweight prospect from Huntington Park, California, knocked down Daniel Placeres three times en route to a technical-knockout victory at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Gomez (12-0, 5 KOs) dropped Miami’s Placeres (8-3-1, 7 KOs) once apiece in the first, second and third rounds during his convincing victory.

Placeres’ handlers instructed referee Robert Hoyle to stop their scheduled eight-round, 130-pound bout before the start of the fourth round.

A straight left hand by Gomez sent Placeres to the canvas in the third round. Placeres reached his feet, only to take more punishment prior to the round ending.

After a blistering exchange in which each fighter landed hard shots toward the end of the second round, Gomez dropped Placeres with a left to the body when there were five seconds to go in it. Placeres got off his gloves and knees in time to answer referee Robert Hoyle’s count.

Gomez landed a right hand to the side of Placeres’ head that knocked him down early in the first round.
LAS VEGAS – Jhon Gemino pulled off an upset on the Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz undercard Saturday.

The Filipino veteran entered his fight against unbeaten Arnold Alejandro with 12 losses on his record. That didn’t stop the determined underdog from flooring Alejandro twice and knocking him out in the fifth round of a scheduled eight-round, junior lightweight bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

After suffering a first-round knockdout, the 23-year-old Alejandro appeared to box his way to winning rounds before Gemino blasted him with a perfect right hand on the chin. That shot sent Alejandro flat on his back with approximately 1:18 to go in the fifth round.

Referee Robert Byrd waved an end to their bout immediately, 1:45 into the fifth round.

Gemino, 27, improved to 21-12-1 and recorded his 11th knockout. Alejandro slipped to 11-1 (10 KOs).

A counter left hook by Gemino caught Alejandro by surprise and sent him to the canvas in the first round. Gemino attacked as soon as the action resumed, but he couldn’t capitalize on the initial knockdown he scored.
Featherweight Angel Alejandro (8-0, 4 KOs) of Dallas, Texas won a hard fought unanimous decision over Mark John Yap (30-15, 15 KOs) of the Philippines in a six round bout. Alejandro boxed well throughout the fight as Yap was aggressive. Tagging Yap with big punches Alejandro circled as the Filipino pursued. Yap was bleeding from the nose in the fifth as Alejandro popped the jab and stuck to the plan boxing the aggressor. Credit to Yap for fighting on despite being bloodied in the final round as Alejandro finished strong in staggering Yap in the closing seconds in route to a unanimous decision victory. Scores were 59-55, 58-56, and 58-56.