Deontay Wilder -vs- Artur Szpilka, Glazcov -vs- Martin, Haye -vs- De Mori
...and here I was thinking Wilder was the guy to beat. Not Fury, not Klit, but Wilder. Would hate to see what AJ or Parker could do to that chin. Or Povetkin, if he ever gets the chance.
(01-16-2016, 04:29 PM)diehard Wrote: How is Wilder's chin?  This fellow Beniton on the ESB Forum doesn't think it's good:

Benitom3

ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Default Re: Is Wilder hiding glass jaw?
Haha - read that a few times. I think it's evolved to include him nearly being knocked down by a Szpilka airshot at the face-off

--Wilder started very late - he was boxing against guys in the amatuers who had been boxing since they were nippers. He learnt a few things. 
--Amazing he got a medal with how little experience he had.
--The Nichols and Sconiers kd's are pretty embarrassing - he was showboating pretty bad and got caught.
--Has power which should be respected by anybody. Stiverne took some big shots, but that says more about Stivernes chin than Wilders power, and Wilder boxed smart.
--Malik Scott was obviously a "skip punch"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jws9K_RTCy4
--Molina fought the fight of his life, but still got knocked down 4 times
--Duhaupas is a tough fighter, not a pastry chef
--True about short camps for his challengers (and terrible money).
--Wouldn't be surprised if he avoids Povetkin by fighting the winner of Martin/Glazkov, but it is for another belt...

I think he's getting better, and has good reach and good power, but his skinny legs might not hold him up every time.
If he was fighting JP tomorrow, I'd be VERY nervous
Nervous for JP or Wilder. Wilder looks the goods, speed and power, large. But like AJ and Parker, he hasn't fought anybody if you discount Stiverne being "not right." Didn't know Sconiers, who has NO power, knocked him down. Malik Scott can't take a temple punch, and TT almost stopped him with the same punch as Wilder's.

I don't see Wilder fighting the Martin/Glazkov winner. I think Wilder would, in order to get a belt, but I think the IBF winner would want a day in the sun for the next year, as Wilder did with the WBC. Caution: I can see Szpilka stopping him, even though Wilder is the favourite.
(01-16-2016, 06:24 PM)diehard Wrote:  Caution: I can see Szpilka stopping him, even though Wilder is the favourite.

Is that your new predicition for NakiFans page?
No, no, no!!! Wilder by KO. I'm just saying that Szpilka could upset him. And I'd like to see it. But I'm betting on Wilder.
Looks like they took the fight off Sky Sport 2.  Anybody know anything about this???

Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA view event
Heavyweight Deontay Wilder 35 0 0 S Artur Szpilka 20 1 0 12

WBC World heavyweight title
Heavyweight Charles Martin 22 0 1 S Vyacheslav Glazkov 21 0 1 12

vacant IBF World heavyweight title
Super Middleweight Maciej Sulecki 21 0 0 S Derrick Findley 22 17 1 10

Featherweight Amanda Serrano 26 1 1 S Erika Kalderas 11 1 0 10x2

vacant WBO World female featherweight title
Heavyweight Adam Kownacki 12 0 0 S Danny Kelly 9 1 1 8

Cruiserweight Mike Lee 15 0 0 S Joe Gardner 11 8 1 8

Welterweight Ivan Golub 9 0 0 S Juan Rodriguez Jr 12 3 0 8

Light Heavyweight Carlos Gongora 3 0 0 S Derrick Adkins 1 0 1 6

Super Middleweight Ramil Gadzhiev 1 0 0 S Botirsher Obidov 3 0 1 4

Welterweight Julian Sosa 3 0 1 S Bryan Timmons 3 6 0 4
OK boyz and girls. It's not on Sky Sport 2 anymore at Noon BUT

It's on Sky Sport 65 at 3PM
Its live on YouTube to. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLvEtHtCQAc
This is pretty funny.
Dave (the channel) had technical difficulties and couldn't show the advertised "David Haye returns like a rising Phoenix" documentary.

He did pick a comedy re-runs channel....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8q9pBzW6Y
What time is Haye vs de Mori on?