Luis Ortiz vs Bryant Jennings- 19th December
Finally watched Ortiz v Jennings, what a great fight with some interesting adjustments made by both fighters/corners as the rounds progressed.

I think Jennings initial approach of smothering Ortizs power was clever and although he still got caught on the outside a bit, the first 4 rounds had to be scored 2 apiece. But god does Ortiz look assured of his own skill set, and by round 5 danced on the outside to create distance,and use his countering and catching Jennings trying to come in, so by round 6 Jennings wasnt even getting close and was effectively being stalked (in my mind the body shots were tacking their toll). I was impressed with the attempted adjustment Jennings made in the 7th of feigning to cause reaction or counter from the outside, but nothing worked and really by the time the close contact started mid 7th you could almost see Ortiz patiently waiting for what he wanted to do. Jennings afraid of his sore body on the inside, uppercut open..

Very very impressive by Ortiz, but also Jennings tactics, chin and adjustments were shown to be solid. Just couldnt compete with a guy who will be a massive threat to the belts, especially Fury, i think Ortizs style is almost custom made to put that bigot on the canvas. Bring it on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luis Ortiz vs Bryant Jennings- 19th December - Ina Mungstit - 12-21-2015, 09:17 PM