Luis Ortiz vs Bryant Jennings- 19th December
(12-21-2015, 09:08 AM)mippy Wrote: The thing I liked about Ortiz the most was how he adjusted to Jennings tactics and started being more mobile. Jennings was shutout after that.

I can see him struggling against taller opponents like Wilder, but I think he'd beat Parker at the moment

Yeah when the ref started warning him about pushing he needed to adjust. Didn't take him long and he found the answer, pretty impressive. 

Wilder is an interesting match up for Ortiz.
Wilder has a lot going for him he's fit, powerful and has great hand speed. He's not really a great mover in a sense that he moves in straight lines most of the time. He was great against Stiverne who is also a counter puncher like Ortiz. Ortiz is much longer than Stiverne and is basically better all round imo.

Ortiz likes room to put his punches together and he is a real sharp shooter from range. Wilder would need to be pinpoint accurate to beat him imo because as i said before he doesn't have the trickery in his movement to out manouver Ortiz. 

I'd be surprised if any champs fought him unless he was a forced mandatory imo. Fury's camp pretty much said they wouldn't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luis Ortiz vs Bryant Jennings- 19th December - james5000 - 12-21-2015, 11:24 AM