Fury/Wilder Trilogy
People always sleep on Fury. He was barely back into his comeback and schooled Wilder first time round, and he'll do it more comfortably imo on Feb 22. He'll rectify where he got sloppy in the first fight and win more comfortably 2nd time round. As much as I like Wilder, he relies too much on his power to bail him out and doesn't really offer a hell of a lot else against top opposition and I just see him getting frustrated against a constant moving target, unlike his last 2 opponents who just sat in the pocket too long where they became sitting ducks for Wilder.

Fury by wide UD.
Either guy could win this but imo you have to pick the superior boxer over the puncher.
Agree with the above, Fury by wide UD, or possibly even by KO.
well then I will go against thee grain and back DW by KO. but see the argument for a Fury win also.
(12-29-2019, 12:47 AM)bart Wrote: well then I will go against thee grain and back DW by KO. but see the argument for a Fury win also.

You're with the grain with me. Great decision! If Fury could punch harder, I may give him the nod, as he's clearly the better boxer.
I think Fury's lack of power will cost him. First fight if he had even decent heavyweight power, like say Chris Areolla level, he'd have stopped Wilder, but he just can't punch.

Logic sats you take the boxer over the puncher in a rematch of a close fight, but you can't give a guy like Wilder 24 rounds to ko you, it'll happen eventually.

Watch fury KO Wilder now lol
I reckon Fury would win if he came in focused after a good solid camp, but I don't think his head is in the game
Fury's style is all wrong for Wilder: movement, awkward, ring savvy, and big. He'll give Wilder trouble like the first fight. And as someone said, he won't stand in the pocket and wait for Wilder.

I think that Fury would outbox him, leading to a decision, if not for the Wallin fight. Fury took some punishment against a guy with nowhere near the power of Wilder, and I think Wilder catches him just like in the first fight, but this time Fury doesn't get up.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/warren-arum-discuss-deontay-wilder-tyson-fury-rematch/139227
Deontay Wilder will knockout Tyson Fury if he hits him again’ – Adam Smith
Tim Compton - January 1, 2020 4 Comments

Adam Smith of Sky Sports is leaning in the direction of WBC heavyweight champion Deontay ‘The Bronze Bomber’ Wilder (42-0-1, 41 KOs) to defeat Tyson ‘The Gypsy King’ Fury (29-0-1, 20 KOs) in their rematch next month on February 22 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Smith thinks that if Wilder connects cleanly with one of his big right-hand shots like he did in the 12th round of his first fight with Fury, he’ll knock him out this time.

Adam has doubts whether the 6’9″ Fury will be able to take getting hit like that by Wilder a second time. Nevertheless, Smith believes that Fury should have won the first fight, and he thinks that he can definitely beat him on points if he’s at the top of his game on the 22nd of February. The first Wilder-Fury fight was scored a 12 round draw in December 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

Fury got dropped twice by Wilder, and seemingly knocked unconscious in the 12th. Although Fury beat the count, there’s a lot of questions whether he was given the benefit of a long count. Moreover, there’s criticism of the referee for even giving a count. Fury was unconscious, and fights are often stopped when a fighter is in that state. To say that Fury was given a lucky break by receiving a count is putting it lightly.

Wilder vs. Fury 2 will be shown on ESPN pay-per-view in the U.S, and on Sky Sports in the UK.

Deontay Wilder has that ‘FREAKISH power’
“One shot is all you need when you’re Deontay Wilder,” said Adam Smith to Fighthub. “He’s said it beforehand, and he’s proven it time and time again. And he’s got freakish power, and probably the biggest puncher I’ve ever seen at ringside, certainly as a heavyweight. You go back to Earnie Shavers, George Foreman, and obviously [Mike] Tyson, and Lennox Lewis. Those are massive punchers, but you’d be hard pushed. Tommy Hearns was my hero.

“What he did to Roberto Duran that no one else ever did,” Smith said about Hearns. “It’s freakish, and Wilder has got that. He was being out-boxed [by Luis Ortiz], but power is all he needed. When you’ve got that, you’re A. Box Office, and B. you’re unpredictable, and I think that combination, plus his charisma he has outside of the ring, stands him an amazing stead in 2020.

“I think Wilder is the best with natural power,” said Smith. “David Haye told me a couple of weeks ago that he’d shared the ring with huge punchers, but Deontay Wilder is by FAR the biggest puncher he’s ever been in with. He’s a completely different level, and he’s sparred with him,” said Smith.

Wilder might not care about giving rounds away to Fury in the rematch, as he’ll be looking to line him up for a big right hand. Fury will probably be moving a lot, leaning backwards, and doing his utmost to take away Wilder’s right hand from him.

Obviously, Fury will be able to keep out of range of Wilder’s right hand through periods in the fight, but it’s going to be difficult to do it for the entire fight. The real problem that Fury has is with his energy levels. Big fighters that weight close to 270 lbs have a difficult time moving for 12 rounds, and Fury will need to move nonstop for him to keep from getting hit by Wilder.

Can Fury move for 12 rounds without needing a rest break? No, he can’t. He didn’t do in his last fight against Otto Wallin, and surely won’t be able to do that in the rematch with Wilder.

If Fury is at the top of his game, he beats Wilder – Smith
“The right hand that he [Wilder] smashed Breazeale with, and smashed Ortiz with, you can’t do anything about that,” Smith said. “It can happen from the first moments in the first round to the last moments of the last round, as you saw with Tyson Fury at the end. It makes the Tyson Fury [vs. Wilder] fight even more compelling now, because I thought Tyson Fury won the first fight. But Deontay Wilder will believe he can knock him out at any point, but Fury can out-box him.

“It’s going to be fascinating,” said Smith on the Wilder vs. Fury 2 rematch. “I don’t think there’s anything different,” said Smith when asked if anything has changed with Fury and Wilder in the year since they first fought. “Deontay Wilder can bang, and Tyson Fury is the more skillful fighter and boxer.

“If Fury is on the top of his game, and can out-box him for 12 rounds, then he wins the fight,” said Smith. “But he can’t get caught. It was amazing that he got up in the 12th round, there was some luck attached to that as well, because it was impossible how he did it. I think if Wilder hits him again, I think he’ll almost certainly knock him out, but Fury can win every round on points,” said Smith.

It might not matter if Fury is in the top of his game for the rematch with Wilder. If he can’t handle Wilder’s punching power, it won’t matter how great his form is. Fury can look marvelous for 11 rounds, and then run into one of Wilder’s right hands in the 12th, and wind up getting knocked out. In their first fight, Fury showed great form for the first eight rounds, but then he was knocked down in the 9th.

Fury looked in great form in rounds 10 and 11, but then he was knocked out cold in the 12th. So basically, Fury’s form will have nothing to do with the outcome on February 22. It comes down to Fury’s ability to take Wilder’s power. If he can’t, then he’ll end up like Luis Ortiz and Dominic Breazeale in beating adding to Wilder’s knockout record.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/three-fight-deal-confirmed-for-wilder-and-fury-feb-22-loser-can-activate-third-bout/139411