Fury/Wilder Trilogy
Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder have agreed to rematch, says Bob Arum

12:06, Sep 14 2019

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder have agreed to terms for their highly anticipated rematch, promoter Bob Arum says.
"Not only is the rematch a signed deal, which would be the second fight between I think the best two heavyweights in the world, but the winner of the third fight, which is also already signed, gets 60 per cent and the loser 40 per cent," Arum told BT Sport.

[Image: 1568419586118.jpg]

Tyson Fury has turned his life around after battling mental health issues.

"In the second fight, each side gets 50 per cent.
"I would prefer it in Las Vegas, but Wilder may object now because Fury has become the face of Las Vegas, it's his town.

"We've been talking to the MGM about the dates and so forth, and I think the T-Mobile, where he'll be fighting against Otto Wallin, will not be available, but the MGM is available for February 22."

Fury and Wilder fought to a dramatic draw in December, 2018, in Los Angeles, with Wilder retaining his WBC heavyweight title.
However, it was the 31-year-old Fury who emerged from the fight with more credit given his well-publicised issues with mental health, alcohol and drugs.
Since the draw the pair have constantly thrown barbs at each other and the rematch will be a huge money-spinner after the self-styled 'Gypsy King' Fury won over American audiences with his natural charisma and 'back from the brink'  life story. 

Tyson Fury embraces a Mexican theme at the weigh-in for his fight against Otto Wallin in Las Vegas this weekend.

"Learning about conquering my mental health has given me a new perspective," Fury told The Daily Telegraph
"It's like a second life and a second boxing career. When I beat [Vladimir] Klitschko [in 2015], it was my Everest, but this is all so different now. Everything is changed. My health, my faith, my happiness. There is no anxiety and worry in my life.
"I had the first career and all the hustle and bustle of making it and making a few quid. I had winning the belts. But the return journey has never been about who's getting what, the belts, or who I'm fighting. This second career is about me enjoying myself and fulfilling my destiny.

Deontay Wilder punches Dominic Breazeale during their WBC heavyweight title in New York City in May.

"I don't have any fear when I fight. I'm just enjoying myself, I know if I train well, there's nothing much more I can do. I know if God is with me, then nobody is against me. If it's my time to lose then I'll welcome it. I can't do much more than eat, train and sleep."
Fury will fight Wallin in Las Vegas this weekend but is expected to beat the 28-year-old Swede without too much trouble.
The heavyweight division was turned upside down in June when underdog Andy Ruiz jr stunned Anthony Joshua to claim the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO titles.

That circus has now moved to Saudi Arabia with a rematch set down for next month.

Stuff
Wilder-Fury rematch could be delayed

Unbeaten former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury didn’t attend a post-fight press conference due to two severe cuts over his right eye. He was taken to the hospital to undergo micro-surgery.

Fury has a tentative February 22 rematch with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, but the cuts could take six months or more to heal.

Promoter Frank Warren told BBC “If it doesn’t heal well the fight may have to be pushed back. Hopefully that will not be the case. It depends how it heals. If it’s OK it won’t be a problem…it’s not just the fight, it’s the training and sparring. He has to be 100% right.”
pretty gruesome cuts..
Not sure what to think of Tysons performance there, kind of JP v leapai feeling to me but obviously more drama with cuts and looking shaky final round.
I know fighters like to say it was good to get rounds but that came at a cost
(09-16-2019, 12:31 PM)bart Wrote: pretty gruesome cuts..
Not sure what to think of Tysons performance there, kind of JP v leapai feeling to me but obviously more drama with cuts and looking shaky final round.
I know fighters like to say it was good to get rounds but that came at a cost

Bart, don't know what you mean by the comparison with Parker/Leipai. Parker dominated and Leipai offered no response. From the thread I was following on Eastside, it looked like the fight coulda gone either way early in the fight. Looking forward to seeing the fight on youtube or on the Tuesday nite fights.

I think Fury's father got it right. Tyson trained to look pretty, and lost his power and energy.
Just meant how underwhelmed I felt watching it.
I watched from round 8 on, Tyson was unloading and stunning Wallin at times but tiring.. Wallin landed at will in the 12th and Tyson had to hold.
Yes completely diff fights but I just felt disspointed for JP after Leapai, both guys threw there hardest shots but didn't seem to carry enough power to hurt their opponent.
Gotcha. Just watched the fight on youtube. I thought it was pretty exciting. Fury's pedigree won out in the second half of the fight, bar the 12th round, and he deserved the decision. First half was Wallin's. Fury needed 47 stitches.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/115822517/bloodied-tyson-fury-needs-47-stitches-to-cut-but-still-on-track-for-deontay-wilder
Tysons Dad big John none to happy , wants davidson sacked
I thought Fury's output and stamina were strong, and got him thru a rough fight. His lack of power was exposed.

https://fightnews.com/fury-wallin-scorecard-analysis/54767
His power has never been great- tended to weigh down on guys and using volume to make them exhausted or quit.
Has enough power to be respected probably but few levels down from the elite punches like AJ and Wilder... much like Parker- power is only OK so need to rely on speed and movement etc.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/115949608/deontay-wilder-smells-blood-vows-to-attack-tyson-furys-vulnerable-cuts-in-rematch