AJ/Ruiz II in Saudi Arabia
Looks like Sky is having the AJ/Ruiz fight from 5AM-Noon on PPV for $35.  It'll be on not this Sunday but next Sunday (NZ time).

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/anthony-joshua-promises-an-iconic-evening-of-boxing-as-he-arrives-in-saudi-arabia/135601
Dillian Whyte added to Ruiz-Joshua card

It’s official. Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte (26-1, 18 KOs) has landed a spot on the colossal Andy Ruiz Jr vs. Anthony Joshua 2 World title rematch taking place at the Diriyah Arena in Saudi Arabia on December 7, shown live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and DAZN in the US. Whyte will take on former world title challenger Mariusz Wach (35-5, 19 KOs). Wach was due to face Whyte back in 2017 before ‘The Body Snatcher’ withdrew from their contest with an injured foot.

“I’m delighted to be fighting in Saudi Arabia against Mariusz Wach,” said Whyte. “He’s probably got one of the best chins in the heavyweight division.

“I have been training and working hard to fight so it’s great to get a date and it’s very exciting for me to be fighting somewhere different like Saudi Arabia.

“I want to fight in different places and different settings and this card has the biggest heavyweight fight on it that we have seen in years.

“I’m just going to keep chasing the world titles, so if I keep winning then I hope to land that world title shot in 2020, that’s the plan for December 7.”

In another added heavyweight bout, Tom Little (10-7, 3 KOs) will be targeting a huge upset against Mahammadrasul Majidov (1-0, 1 KO), the former world amateur champion.

“This wraps up a huge card for what will be a historic night for the sport,” said Eddie Hearn, Managing Director of Matchroom Boxing. “Ten big heavyweights will descend on Diriyah to cause a shockwave through world boxing as Saudi Arabia hosts one of the biggest heavyweight fights of all time. Ten days to go!”
I think that confirms that Hearn isn't really trying to land fights for Parker
(11-28-2019, 11:57 AM)mippy Wrote: I think that confirms that Hearn isn't really trying to land fights for Parker

Yep, Parker is blowing in the wind now. I can't see Hearn helping him get a fight. He could have put Joe on the Saudi fight, especially since he's got heaps of heavyweights on the undercard, and the NZ PPV would have come into play for Hearn. If Hearn is paying Parker part of the $6 milliion each fight, I don't see how he can recoup his investment, as Parker simply won't be a drawcard. Lots of good match-ups for Parker still, but who would want to fight him?
I agree
The only thing is I heard Hearn is wanting to put together a HW card in Feb-march? that he wants JP on-not sure who else now as many are already booked for saudi
Ruiz: I’m going to do everything possible to win

WBA/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr is impressed by the 15,000-seat Diriyah Arena constructed especially for his colossal rematch with Anthony Joshua on December 7 in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.

When Andy first visited Diriyah for the official launch press conference in September, none of this was here. But since then, 175 workers have created the arena in the 10,000 sq m site using 295 tons of steel.

“It’s amazing man, it’s crazy how they built everything in a month and a half. It’s amazing to be fighting over here, it’s going to be really historic and I’m planning to make history over here,” said Ruiz.

Ruiz arrived in the Kingdom early Monday morning to set up his training camp.

“Right now, we are meditating, we are preparing, we are getting sharper in the ring and training as well. We are visualizing the fight and becoming victorious,” said Ruiz.

“To all my fans please come and support me, it’s going to be a huge fight, it’s the Clash On The Dunes. We are two big guys fighting each other looking to be the heavyweight champion of the world.

“He’s trying to take my belts away so I’m going to do everything that’s possible to win and I’m going to do it for all my people. They can expect to see someone who is not giving up and doing everything possible to win, God willing we are going to take this victory.”
What If: Anthony Joshua Beats Andy Ruiz?
James Slater - November 29, 2019

Rewind to late May, and ESB ran an article entitled: ‘What If: Andy Ruiz beats Anthony Joshua?’ And though the title, or the question posed in the article’s headline, drew a ton of derision – no way would “fat” Andy Ruiz beat unbeaten heavyweight champ A.J was the general line of thinking, and shame on the writer for even being foolish enough to ask the question in the first place – the upset indeed came on June 1, with “Destroyer” Ruiz living up to his nickname; his physique be darned.

Now, around six months on, as we await the return fight between the body beautiful and the chubby kid (Ruiz’ own desription of himself), the question: What If: Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz? has a good chance of generating almost as much derision as the earlier article. The question posed is a turnaround and fight fans seem to have turned around in their thinking; most of them anyway. Now it’s “glass jaw” Joshua who has “no chance.”

But Ruiz upset the odds in fight-one, and now it’s Joshua’s turn. Plenty of experts do feel he can do it – Abel Sanchez the latest to predict a Joshua win on Dec. 7 – and Joshua himself says he is as determined as can be to do it: to avenge his painful loss, prove he’s no “quitter,” and redeem himself. Ruiz goes as far as to say his very career is on the line, as is that of Joshua.

The question of what Joshua will do should he lose to Ruiz again has been asked, but what will Ruiz do if he loses? Without a rubber-match (which could of course happen) where would a beaten Ruiz go? It all depends on how Ruiz were to lose – if were to get himself KO’d in Saudi Arabia, it would be a long road back for the Mexican-American. Has Ruiz got the hunger to go back to the drawing board so to speak, and work his way back towards a chance at regaining the titles? Again, if there is no immediate rubber-match between these two (IF Joshua wins, that is), where might Ruiz go?

Plenty of fans say that Joshua, if he loses again, will retire (Tyson Fury recently said that if A.J gets knocked out again it will be very hard for him to carry on with his career). But might Ruiz look at calling it a career if he gets knocked out next Saturday?

Both guys are young and one loss, two losses, even three losses should not equal a career in tatters, and it might be that winner and loser both carry on fighting. There is as we know a heck of a lot on the line here, and the big fight next Saturday should attract an audience of many millions. But of the two fighters, who has THE MOST to lose?
Ruiz Knew He Could Beat Joshua After Eating a Flush Right Hand
By Boxing Clever  Published On Sat Nov 30, 2019, 03:12 AM EST

IBF, IBO, WBO, WBA heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz was nervous as he entered the ring to face Anthony Joshua back in June at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Ruiz took that fight on late notice, after original opponent Jarrell Miller was pulled after testing positive for banned substances in three drug tests.

Ruiz pulled off a massive shocker when he dropped Joshua four times to secure a seventh round stoppage.

During the third round, Ruiz got dropped hard.

He got up, and then Joshua came in for the kill. Ruiz took a few shots, but landed a counter that rocked Joshua badly - and he never recovered. He was dropped twice in the third and two more times in the seventh.

"When I got up, he got me with the perfect right hand that could have knocked anybody out," Ruiz told JD Sports .

"I think having that will of wanting to win and wanting to bounce back helped me a lot, but after I knocked him down I was like, 'F--- yeah man, I’m in the game'. He knocked me down, I got up, I knocked him down and I had the will to keep going and knock him out again.

"A lot of people are saying it was a lucky shot, and this and that… I feel it was a lucky shot he got me with because I kind of got confident and got lazy when he got me with the uppercut. I was just standing there and he got me.

"I was nervous, I didn't know what I was getting myself into; all i knew was I was facing the guy that it was unthinkable that... nobody thought I was going to win, nobody thought that I could beat AJ. Look at this chubby little kid with heart, with a desire and a big dream that just wanted to prove everybody wrong. From the beginning I kept telling people, ‘You know what, I’m going to win, I’m going to become the champion of the world and what do yo know, I ended up doing it."

The rematch between Ruiz and Joshua is scheduled for December 7th in Saudi Arabia.
I'm the more skilled boxer': Andy Ruiz Jr taunts Anthony Joshua ahead of rematch
Gareth A Davies

Former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua discusses his relationship with trainer Rob McCracken.

Andy Ruiz Jr earned the reputation as the destroyer of sporting goliath Anthony Joshua six months ago with four knockdowns and a stoppage victory at Madison Square Garden, New York, but when he arrives to train in Los Angeles, little about him has actually changed.

Commonly, world heavyweight champions – and Ruiz holds the World Boxing Association, World Boxing Organisation and International Boxing Federation belts – have a bulging entourage of agents and backroom staff, all enjoying a ride on the gravy train.

Here at Legendz Gym, before he heads to Saudi Arabia for a rematch with Joshua next Saturday (Sunday NZT), it is just Ruiz with his father, his lawyer (who has facilitated this interview) and his wise old trainer, Manny Robles, a man who will never change.

In short, Ruiz, who has it in his dancing fists and feet to destroy the legacy of Joshua, is a very different world champion. There have been so many changes in his life since he beat Joshua, but not so many changes in the man himself. Yes, a mansion in San Diego, a yellow sports car, chat shows and the historic title of being the first Mexican to become heavyweight champion of the world. But they are just material gloss, he explains.

"I'm still the same Andy Ruiz. I'm still the same chubby little fat kid with the big dream. I'm still that person.

Andy Ruiz Jr is "still the same chubby little fat kid with the big dream" as he prepares to defend his titles.
"Inside the ring, I'm the champion of the world. I'm Mr Hulk in there and I've still got a lot to accomplish. This journey now is what I've been dreaming about all my life. I accomplished my dreams on June 1 and I've still got a lot to prove on December 7."

It has changed his family's life for ever. Earning US$20 million (NZ$31.3 million) for the two fights with Joshua has altered the prospects of his flesh and blood.

"It feels good. It's a big blessing, not only for me, but my mom, my dad, my brothers and my kids. This is what we fight for - to make our dreams come true and provide for the ones we love.

"I have the same people I did on June 1. Those are the people who want me to do good and those are the only people I want around me. Good vibes and good people. The same people I won the championship with, I will continue with fighting. My kids are my main entourage, I have five kids.

Andy Ruiz Jr is confident he can upset Anthony Joshua again in their rematch in Saudi Arabia next weekend.
"This is what I dreamt about and prayed for my whole life. Everything came so fast and I got a little overwhelmed by everything, if I'm honest, but I am grounded again, we have been working hard."

He looks the same "chubby little fat kid" with the cherubic face I met in the same location 17 days before he derailed the financial and sporting juggernaut of Joshua's career.

"I've got to remain humble and the same. Even though I'm the heavyweight champion of the world, I don't walk like a bum. I remain me. I've had blessings and God has given me blessings. My coach still knocks on my door and demands I get to the gym. It is no different to what I have always done."

"Fight fans are going to see the same thing [in Saudi Arabia] they saw on June 1. The guy with big dreams going in there to dominate and to be heavyweight champion. Of course, they're going to see a lot of fireworks. If he knocks me down, I'm going to get up and knock him down. I know he'll try to do the same if I knock him down. The main thing is to stay focused and disciplined."

It is Joshua, insists Ruiz, who will have been planning on making all the changes. Ruiz met fire with fire in New York, and floored a bamboozled Briton four times.

"He is going to try to make adjustments. I don't know if he wants to exchange punches, but I'd love for him to do that because I'm the more skilled boxer. He'll try to box me round and use his jab. But for how long? How long can he keep me away from hunting him down? That's what we've been working on most of all right now, heading into the fight."

Ruiz remains as gently spoken as before, yet more assured. "I want to impose myself in this fight, but I don't want to overlook him. He's still a dangerous fighter. I respect him and all the fighters who risk their lives inside the ring.

Andy Ruiz Jr knocked down Anthony Joshua four times in June on his way to a shock TKO win in New York.
"He's going to have some tricks up his sleeve and it's my job to not let that affect me. The main thing is pressure, throw combinations and use my speed. I can't let him grow balls in there."

One of the highlights since his triumph, explains the 30-year-old, who has been boxing 12 more years than Joshua, was the invitation to Los Pinos, home of the president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.

"That's one of the biggest things I did after the fight. He's really humble and he's one of the presidents that drive to work and back to his house in his own car. He's a lot different to a lot of Mexican presidents before. It will always be a special moment in my life."

There have been other benefits to becoming world champion, some which make him laugh... "Girls asking me if I will marry them. People sliding into my DMs. As long as I don't reply, it's OK with my wife [he laughs]. There have been other things, too. Weird things, like being asked by people I don't know to be godfather to their kids."

The only time he stops for a moment to think is when asked if he would let Joshua hold the belts before they fight in Diriyah. Joshua, strangely, allowed Ruiz to do so in New York.

"I think it was more motivation for me because I held them and I knew I had to make them mine. I was just praying because I wanted them so bad. I ended up getting them and it wasn't easy, but we got the job done. To me, it doesn't really matter as long as I'm focused. But I'm not letting anyone steal my belts."

In his mind, Ruiz dreams. This is what he sees. "Winning, getting my hand raised. I don't like to say when he might go down, but when the knockout comes, it comes."

There is something likeable about Ruiz, and indeed his rise to world prominence. He has a message for the other "chubby little fat kids", underdogs, the bullied...

"Have a dream. I had a dream and it wasn't going my way for a long time. There were times when I wanted to give up and I didn't want to fight any more.

"I didn't want to do anything when it wasn't going my way. But praying and staying positive and focused... Believing in yourself is the main thing. Anything is possible. I came from the bottom and now I'm on top."

The Telegraph, London
Looks like AJ is the favourite to take back his belts Sunday:

https://www.oddsshark.com/boxing/joshua-vs-ruiz-jr-ii-odds