AJ/Ruiz II in Saudi Arabia
(08-28-2019, 09:43 PM)diehard Wrote: AJ wins because:

1) He will be better prepared, hungrier, and want revenge.
2) He'll know what to expect and adapt his gameplan.
3) AJ has hurt Ruiz once, in the third, and will know how to close the show.

PS  Climate?  Is the fight gonna be outdoors?

Is he going to be better prepared though? I don't think AJ has accepted the loss, and there's a good chance he won't make many changes. He seems delusional around the reasons for his loss. 
I liken this more to Lewis v McCall , Lennox went away and change his mindset under Steward and fought more to his strengths rather than fighting for the crowd etc.
I don't think AJ will be asking lennox for advice though...
I am more concerned that Ruiz thinks he automatically has AJ's number and will be complacent .
It could be Lewis - Rahman 2
It's completely different, Lewis just got caught with great punches. He would of won both of his losses easily. AJ was completely outboxed, I fear for him in the rematch.
(08-28-2019, 11:10 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: It's completely different, Lewis just got caught with great punches. He would of won both of his losses easily. AJ was completely outboxed, I fear for him in the rematch.

Disagree. Ruiz is just not that good, and AJ has beaten guys that are better than Ruiz. Not a lucky punch by Ruiz, but AJ just had no answers. He will in Saudi Arabia.
Rahman 1 was yes a big punch but if you watch that fight Lewis was tagged repeatedly.
My example of McCall was the adjustments Lewis made after the loss - which I think AJ will also do
Lewis was helped by McCall having the mother of all breakdowns in the middle of the fight
(08-28-2019, 11:41 PM)diehard Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 11:10 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: It's completely different, Lewis just got caught with great punches. He would of won both of his losses easily. AJ was completely outboxed, I fear for him in the rematch.

Disagree.  Ruiz is just not that good, and AJ has beaten guys that are better than Ruiz.  Not a lucky punch by Ruiz, but AJ just had no answers.  He will in Saudi Arabia.

Depends on the testing regime I think and if Ruiz really wants it, Andy is a very good fighter,quick hands,great cardio and a tremendous counterpuncher hes all wrong for AJ if he WANTS it, some guys climb the mountain and lose the desire to hold that ground
Oh, AJ wants it all right. Got his ass kicked. Less see if he can adjust. Be interesting to see who's the favourite with the bookies. Would pick AJ if I got odds. Pretty even odds for mine.
World heavyweight champ Andy Ruiz Jr not satisfied with 15 minutes of fame

Andy Ruiz Jr celebrates his seventh round TKO against Anthony Joshua in New York. Now he's looking for a repeat in Saudi Arabia.
Mexican-American world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr says he will not be satisfied with "15 minutes of fame" as he prepares to fight Briton Anthony Joshua again in Saudi Arabia on December 7.

Ruiz produced one of boxing's biggest upsets by beating the 29-year-old Joshua with a seventh-round stoppage at New York's Madison Square Garden on June 1.

Ahead of the rematch in Diriyah, near Riyadh, Ruiz said he hoped to inflict another painful defeat on Joshua.

"The hunger still remains. I don't want 15 minutes of fame. I want it to last. I want a generation. I want to be a champion for more years," Ruiz told reporters as he and Joshua fronted the first official press conference in Diriyah on Thursday (NZT).

Joshua, previously undefeated and fighting for the first time in the United States, was defending his IBF, WBA and WBO titles but was knocked down four times in the fight.

"I know on December 7 Joshua is going to be coming hard, he's going to be strong, he's hungry but I am as well. I know a lot of people are saying I'm not training but I'm working hard," Ruiz insisted.

"Joshua's going to want his belts back and I know that so that is giving me motivation to train even harder because I know he is pushing himself and it's making me more hungry.

"On December 7 I'm going to make history again and win in the same fashion and prove everybody wrong."

British heavyweight Anthony Joshua is taking inspiration from his first professional loss.
Joshua has adjusted to his new status, one that has given him a different motivation.

"I lost the titles but I've always said that being a champion is about more than just the belts," Joshua said.

"Being a champion is about responsibility and mindset.

"When we fight, those belts will go in the air. Two warriors will go into the ring, and the best man will walk out victorious."
https://fightnews.com/ruiz-joshua-press-conference/53690