AJ/Ruiz II in Saudi Arabia
https://youtu.be/p43PsyZ853w

I’m a big fan of Hearn’s but am sad to see him attempt to be ignorant to the human rights mess that is Saudi Arabia. Lost a lot of respect for him today.
(08-13-2019, 01:51 PM)tm7 Wrote: https://youtu.be/p43PsyZ853w

I’m a big fan of Hearn’s but am sad to see him attempt to be ignorant to the human rights mess that is Saudi Arabia. Lost a lot of respect for him today.

Me too. What an idiot. Could have had the fight in Mexico or the US with no dramas, and only excitement. Now he's getting negative publicity. Moron.
If this is the case then Hemi Ahio should be on the blower to get on this card. He entertained in Arabia last time out and should have some contacts now. I wonder if Mark has any insight
Andy Ruiz balks at fighting in Saudi Arabia

WBA/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr. told fans during a live chat that he’s not planning on having his rematch with Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia as announced by Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn.

“AJ got the rematch, yes we do got the rematch, but it’s gonna be on MY terms,” Ruiz said. “We’re gonna bring it back here in the United States. AJ, he’s scared. Hell yeah. Why do you think he’s over there trying to make the fight in Saudi Arabia?”

Hearn told SkySports that Ruiz absolutely WILL be fighting in Saudi Arabia. “His choice is to have a legal battle that could put him out of boxing for years, or to defend his belts for a lot of money against a guy he has already beaten. There isn’t any doubt he will take the fight.”

Hearn said the contract for the rematch was signed at the same time Ruiz was inked for the first fight with Joshua and the deal stipulates that it’s Matchroom’s choice of time, date and venue for the rematch.
Kubrat Pulev: I see Ruiz winning again

By Przemek Garczarczyk

IBF #1 heavyweight Kubrat Pulev is a VERY interested party in the (hopefully) upcoming Ruiz-Joshua 2 bout, so I decided to ask his opinion about the recent IBF decision and a prediction of what will happen in the ring when Andy and Anthony meet again.

Kubrat Pulev: “I wasn’t all that surprised that the IBF gave the exception for the rematch, but we do want some of the conditions clarified so that we can be sure that the winner will fight me next. I have been waiting for this to happen for over 3 years. I will remain focused and keep getting ready for the winner.

“The rematch is a 50/50 fight, and I see Ruiz winning again. I’m currently in training camp in Las Vegas and feeling that great things are about to happen!”
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/115104099/anthony-joshua-insists-andy-ruiz-beat-him-with-a-lucky-punch

AJ is trying to rewrite history here, hopefully he's smarter than to believe his own hype.
'Stay Humble' AJ.
Andy Ruiz 'not in great shape' as he misses start of camp for Anthony Joshua rematch
08:51, Aug 21 2019

Andy Ruiz Jr has battled weight issues all his life and now faces a demanding fitness regime for his rematch with Anthony Joshua.
World heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr has bloated out and missed the start of the training camp for his rematch with Anthony Joshua.

Ruiz, often ridiculed for his weight issues, shocked the boxing world with his knockout of Joshua in New York in June to win the WBO, WBA and IBF titles.

He has taken time out since then and clearly has a bit of work ahead of him for the sequel set for Saudi Arabia on December 7.

"We're working on getting back together this week," Ruiz's trainer Manny Robles told ESPN.

"I was hoping it would be [Monday] but it wasn't, so we're definitely working on that right now. We didn't have a training session [Monday], but we're scheduled to start training this week.

"He's not in great shape, but he's hitting the gym back home in Imperial. He's running the treadmill, but obviously we haven't fully begun training camp.

"Once we do we have [close to] four months to get ready for a fight. That's enough time to get him in shape. Let's hope we can get him back in the gym real soon and get him going again."

Robles is working on a new plan that will involve altitude training in either California or Mexico.

"We have to figure out if I should drive over to Imperial and get things going there or if he'll come to [Los Angeles]," Robles told ESPN.

Andy Ruiz Jr used his weight to his advantage to destroy Anthony Joshua and become world heavyweight champion.

"We might start training here in LA and then move our training to either Big Bear [California] or maybe somewhere in Mexico, maybe the Otomi [a mountainous region outside of Mexico City] or maybe the mountains in Jalisco, but definitely in the mountains, at altitude.

"We'll get things going. We got more than enough time to get ready for December."

Ruiz, gifted with rare hand speed and athleticism for his size, has always made light of the weight issues that have dogged him throughout his life. He even took on a chocolate sponsorship in the wake of his win over Joshua.

The Ruiz camp remains unhappy with Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn taking the rematch to Saudi Arabia.

Hearn insists, under the contract, that he dictates the venue choice but Ruiz still holds hope of having the fight in the United States again. At worst, he may be able to leverage an even bigger payday by going to Saudi.

"If I could make the decision as far as where the fight would be I would say here in LA or Vegas, but it's not up to me," Robles said as the venue continues to be a sticking point.

"It's up to the promoters, Mr Eddie Hearn and Al Haymon to sit down and decide where and when. That has absolutely nothing to do with me. My job is just to get the fighter ready.

"But the first fight was in New York and the second fight was supposed to be in New York, or in England or Wales.

"But now all of a sudden it's in Saudi Arabia, which I'm not 100 percent sold on.

"But it is what it is; like I said, my job is to get my guy ready and soon as I have him back in the gym I'll be able to make an assessment as to where he is physically, mentally, and then take it from there."

Stuff
My fear for Ruiz is that he doesn't train as he should for the rematch and loses not via talent and his superior skills but conditioning and mental attitude
Shades of Buster Douglas anyone???