AJ vs Whyte on Sky
I expect AJ to handle Chisora easier than Whyte.
5 months between bouts? He is only 26, wouldn't they be better off getting him back in at least Feb? Surely he doesn't need 5 months to prepare for Chisora?
...and Parker fights 5X a year.
(12-15-2015, 07:58 AM)mippy Wrote: I expect AJ to handle Chisora easier than Whyte.
I thinks its a very good match up for Joshua at this stage.

Chisora is more polished than Whyte and has fought the better competition. Even though I think Whyte has the higher ceiling, he's just as green as Joshua. This fight could go either way (as in being a stern test or too easy) IMO, Chisora at his best will give AJ hell, at his worst he gets trounced.

Chisora has a great chin probably not as good as Whytes but he has better defense so it balances out a bit.
Whytes left hook is dynamite but if you take that away then Chisora hits just as hard I reckon.
Chisora knows how how to pace himself better and has better cardio.

Chisora is more proven so I would say this is still a step up, not sideways or backwards.

Joshua impressed me more in the Whyte fight then all his other 14 fights combined and he definitely learned more.
http://www.skysports.com/joshua-vs-whyte/news/33575/10100224/dillian-whyte-says-injury-prevented-anthony-joshua-ko
'
I can believe it, he hardly threw a left hook after the 2nd round!
All credit to AJ he got the win and Knocked out Dillian Whyte. But Whyte exposed Joshua's shaky chin.

I would love to see a Re-Match but if that is to happen Dillian Whyte needs to get himself in SHAPE. If he was more conditioned and Fitter he may very well have got AJ out of there. That body shot he hit AJ with took the wind right out of him. JP is a Brilliant body puncher and AJ clearly doesnt like getting Hit i can see Parker giving Joshua hell when they meet.
I thought AJ's chin was decent. He took and recovered from some really heavy shots. I agree about Whyte's conditioning though. I think if he stays with Jonathan Banks and get some decent conditioning coaching it'd be a exciting rematch.
Whyte looked Slow and sloppy in there and he stil gave AJ problems and almost Knocked him out. To me it seems AJ doesn't like getting hit and he doesn't like pressure and he is to reliant on his Power.
https://twitter.com/DillianWhyte/status/677196747429576704

Whyte has had surgery on his shoulder post fight!

Honestly I have watched the fight a few times now and his jab is totally different from round 3 onwards. It had reasonable snap in the first round then it becomes a paw later on.

I had Whyte winning rounds 2 and 3 (Joshua took round 3 off), round 4 was pretty even. This fight could have been a real boil over if Whyte was not injured. Whyte has balls of steel. Look at Vitaly he quit after being injured way later in the fight against Byrd and Byrd is a light puncher. Whyte gets injured in the 2nd and then continues to bring it, against one the biggest punchers in the division!

Whyte may not have had that bad stamina, getting hit by AJ + having a bad arm will take the wind out of anyone.
This guy is becoming one of my favourite fighters tbh, I reckon he's a man of his word and tough as nails.

You have to remember most of his KO's come from his left hook, that's his money punch! Bloody impressive showing if you ask me
I agree. AJ has a huge upside regardless of the criticism. I'd put him in there right now against anyone in the heavyweight division. And Whyte is a very good fighter, who was in there against a top fighter. Sure, he could have gotten in better shape regardless of the shoulder injury. But his injury certainly explains why he didn't fire back after round 2. I agree with him, give him a couple of fights and he'll come right.