NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip.
It's a bloody good card for someone promoting their first show on their own accord, so I believe.
Correct Craigy, Nort and Richie will be fight of the night no doubt about it. Both fiery and both showmen.
Nort giving away a huge advantage by going up in weight. Richie was the better amateur and Nort hasn't had a decent fight in a long time so it's more even than their records show.
I don't want to call it as they are both champion blokes but neither guy winning would shock me, put it that way.
Lance Bryant took an injury into the last fight on the Duco card in Christchurch so he could hopefully give Light some decent rounds this time around but Light will be way too good. Huge respect to Bryant for stepping up when Light really had nobody else to fight in these Covid times.
There are some rumours floating around about Heywood and about bets going on etc. I can't see how where or how he beats Andrei myself but I'm told there is some confidence in their camp and if that's the case then I'm sure people like Chris Martin have forgotten more than I'll ever know about boxing so got to give him a slim chance.
I'm sure he won't disgrace himself by any stretch and will make the rounds competitive for as long as the fight goes but I think Andrei will simply be too good.
I can't get it out of my head that Heywood lost to Jerome Pascua last year (no disrespect to Jerome but he's nowhere near Andrei's current level.)
Heywood looked good in the draw that I thought he won against Shay Brock since then but Andrei is riding a wave of confidence and seemingly getting better and better and more importantly learning all the time.
Looking forward to seeing Jerome Pampellone in action but a real shame Hemi is no longer on this card.
Sorry for the rant but as you can probably tell, I'm looking forward to this

Messages In This Thread
RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - justafan - 11-13-2020, 02:55 PM