AJ/Ruiz
Nah, your memory's good. Here ya' go:

Andy Ruiz discusses dramatic weight loss ahead of Parker fight

05/12/2016

Unbeaten Heavyweight Andy Ruiz has lost nearly 15 kilos in preparation for his WBO World Title fight with Joseph Parker, live on BoxNation.

The 27-year-old is looking to become the first Heavyweight Champion of Mexican heritage and has undergone a tough training camp before Saturday’s bout in Auckland, New Zealand.

Speaking to Seven Sharp on New Zealand television, he said: “As soon as I went to Big Bear [in California], Abel Sanchez pushed me to my limits.

“That was something I needed from the beginning of my career. I think this is a new start and a new Andy that you’re going to see on December 10th.”

Prior to defending his WBO Intercontinental belt against Siarhei Liakhovich in December 2014, Ruiz weighed nearly 270 pounds. After gradually downsizing since that fight, he has arrived in New Zealand in much better shape.

“I feel better and more athletic, a lot of people are saying ‘he’s lost so much weight, he’s going to feel weak’ but we lost the weight good” he added.

Like Parker, Ruiz is also undefeated, winning all 29 of his professional bouts. The Top Rank-promoted fighter is confident of causing an upset this weekend.

“When the bell rings you’ve got to put that switch on when it’s go time. In my eyes I feel he’s going to take food away from my children, so that gives the extra motivation and I’m going to be on beast mode.”
Well there you go. Anyone else notice start time of 9am in the morning on nz sky? Seems early for a usa fight nz doesn't it?
(06-02-2019, 02:46 AM)justafan Wrote: Well there you go. Anyone else notice start time of 9am in the morning on nz sky? Seems early for a usa fight nz doesn't it?

I guess they're showing every undercard fight?
Yep, starts at 9AM. Don't know about all the undercards, but the top 4 are excellent.
https://fightnews.com/giant-joshua-ruiz-photo-video-gallery/47099
(06-02-2019, 07:58 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 02:46 AM)justafan Wrote: Well there you go. Anyone else notice start time of 9am in the morning on nz sky? Seems early for a usa fight nz doesn't it?

I guess they're showing every undercard fight?

Yes I think so, Callum Smith v Hassan N'Dam at super middleweight should be worth a watch. The main event is scheduled to start around 2:30PM NZ time.
The undercard is posted on the AJ/Ruiz Sky thread for reference. Katie Taylor is great to watch, with skill and speed. Also, Algieri should be a good one.
Great under card.  Algieri fight was a pearler.  And the Taylor/Persoon fight was the fight of the night.  They gave it to Taylor, but she got her ass kicked in a very controversial SD.  Callum Smith coming up next.
Katie Taylor becomes undisputed female champion

In a clash for the undisputed WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO female lightweight title, Katie Taylor (14-0, 6 KOs) took a controversial majority decision over Delfine Persoon (43-2, 18 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Persoon constantly pressured Taylor and beat her to the punch all night long. Judges, however, didn’t see it that way in giving it to Taylor 96-94, 96-94 and 95-95. Persoon left the ring in tears.

Welterweight Josh Kelly (9-0-1, 6 KOs) and “The New” Ray Robinson (24-3-2, 12 KOs) battled to a ten round draw. Scores were 96-95 Kelly, 95-95, 95-95. Kelly retains his WBA International title. Two straight draws for Robinson.

2016 Olympic light heavyweight bronze medalist Joshua Buatsi (11-0, 9 KOs) stopped former contender Marco Antonio Periban (25-5-1, 16 KOs) in round four. Buatsi dropped Periban in round four and got the stoppage with his follow-up barrage. Time was 1:39.

Former world champion Chris Algieri (24-3, 9 KOs) impressively took apart Tommy Coyle (25-5, 12 KOs) over eight rounds. Normally a ring technician, Algieri was more aggressive and entertaining than normal and looked good. Coyle didn’t come out for round nine.

Unbeaten middleweight Souleymane Cissokho (9-0, 6 KOs) outpointed Vladimir Hernandez (10-4, 6 KOs) over eight rounds. Scores were 80-72, 79-73, 79-73.

Middleweight Austin “Ammo” Williams (2-0, 2 KOs) knocked out Quadeer Jenkins (0-2) in the first round.
What a round!